Thread: Real time tuning

Tuner in Training

Real time tuning

Hello,

I am new to HP Tuners. I have a pro version on the way. My question is about the tables. On aftermarket systems there is a bubble that floats around the tables indicating where the engine is operating in. Does hp tuners have this capability and can the tune be changed real time?

TIA

Rick

It depends on what you're tuning. Some gen 3 GM vehicles support real time tuning. No gen 4 or 5 vehicles support real time tuning
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Also, yes the cell that the vehicle is running in highlights, I believe that is true of all scans, but I only have 0411 PCMs which also allow RTT so I could be wrong...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply gentlemen. Looks like this is a little more involved then the aftermarket stuff.

Banned
    it is a lot more complicated then MS or other standalone units

best regards

Tuner in Training
    I get that impression watching videos and playing with the software. A ton variables. Download-Modify-Upload is a pita too. Hopefully there is some future developments with rtt.

Advanced Tuner
    It's really not as hard as it may look to make changes. The key is knowing which changes to make... but using the software and interface is pretty simple...

There a bunch of walkthroughs and a lot of helpful people that want you to succeed.

Banned
    Markmx6 - true when You get use to it it gets simpler with working on it but on SA it is far easier, especialy with idle, off idle and lean cruise tuning, no al this throttle cracker, tons of airflow stuff that should not bother anyone and be done only by true MAP or MAF reading

couple of days ago i was working on one LS1 with Megasquirt, lots of cam and all other bolt on mods with huge heads. i took me only 25 minutes to make it start at any temperatures, idle at 650RPM, no hesitations, stumbels or bogs even with AC on (M6 trans).
    nearly same LS1 engine with M^ trans but with Gen3 PCM (SD tune) and i still cannot manage to make it idle below 850RPM, hesitates, bogs on low speeds at any gear, PE does not react as it should etc. even when working on RTT and full data logging.

best regards