Thread: What vehicles have TCM support ?

Potential Tuner

Question What vehicles have TCM support ?

I'm looking to get the VCM Suite but want to verify if TCM control is offered. Can anyone tell me or direct me to find out what vehicles offer what? Specifically I'm looking for Autostick control and and setting it up to a full manual mode when in Autostick, thought the adjustments I see discussed in this forum are very intriguing.

I messaged HPTuners Sales about this but a got canned answer about what I do to get the VCM Suite.

This is for a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T with 62TE transmission ...... and yes, i know it's a minivan, but wife, 4 kids and me don't fit in a charger or 300 and I want my R/T to include more then red stitching.

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by p12 View Post
    I'm looking to get the VCM Suite but want to verify if TCM control is offered. Can anyone tell me or direct me to find out what vehicles offer what? Specifically I'm looking for Autostick control and and setting it up to a full manual mode when in Autostick, thought the adjustments I see discussed in this forum are very intriguing.

I messaged HPTuners Sales about this but a got canned answer about what I do to get the VCM Suite.

This is for a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T with 62TE transmission ...... and yes, i know it's a minivan, but wife, 4 kids and me don't fit in a charger or 300 and I want my R/T to include more then red stitching.

Thanks,
    Mike
    There are several hundred adjustable engine parameters available for your Grand Caravan. However, the 62TE transmission is not supported yet.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for your quick response.

Advanced Tuner
    A580 in a Challenger is supported correct?

Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    A580 in a Challenger is supported correct?
    Yes

Advanced Tuner
    Stuck in third. Numerous communication and inncorrect gear problems

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    Stuck in third. Numerous communication and inncorrect gear problems
    You a 2006 or early 2007 vehicle?

Advanced Tuner
    2007 so I guess it could be early, don't know. Had all peramiters for tuning but haven't tuned anything about TRANS yet.

Can we access the TCM on a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Rumble Bee?

Tuner
    same request here: 2006 DR 5.7 4x4 545RFE
    ____DH INDIVIDUAL____
    Hemi & LS Tuning in Europe
    www.dh-individual.com

Tuner in Training
    also have a 06 ram 1500 5.7 545rfe looking for trans tuning

I am wanting to know on a 2006 RAM 1500 is the trans available now? 545rfe trans too

Tuner in Training
    I was told BEFORE I purchased it that MY SPECIFIC transmission was supported only to be told after the fact that it may not be. because of the absolute doubt raised lately in this product I made a duplicat tune of one of the bully dog tunes and applied it to my vehicle and the read the data on the scanner and the readings are NOT the same even though I copied the info directly to the current tune. I wanted to see what transmission parameters were changed in order to figure this out my own way because atleast on the cheap ass Bully Dog tuner the DO allow changes to the shift points. the parameters that are different when I compare the files are not even relevant ones. the 545RFE DOES NOT EVEN SHOW UP ON THE LIST. I also from day one keep getting SET VPP failed, Unlicensed vehicle, BAUD rate timed out. and a few other reoccurring codes and the support system of emailing doesn't give answers in real time. THe scanner doesn't read KNOCK RETARD or any INJ information. so in reality I am feeling like I got sold some bullshit. I have been holding off reviewing the product on summit but going over a week with out a response from support is not only going to lead to a negative review but I am already looking for a different product that actually does what they say it will

Tuner in Training

her is my problem...VERY DISSAPPOINTED

original email
    2004 Ram*
    15Details: I have a 00 SLT with the 5.7 liter. It is the single computer truck with 4 O2 sensors. Do I need to have a computer modified before your system will work on it. Also the truck has the 545rfe transmission will I be able to adjust shift points in all the gears. And what type of educational material on tuning the 5.7 liter Hemi do you offer. And will there be anything additional to the kit that will need to be purchased in order for me to use it.
    *****and the reply
    Alonzo
    You do not need to have that computer unlocked That is just the 15 and 16 year models

You will need a wide band O2 sensor

Yes you can make adjustments to that transmission.

I would contact www.thetuningschool.com for information on how to tune a Hemi.

Any updates for the 62 TE transmissions. They are Notorious for shark bite converter shudder at 40 to 47 MPH. Would be a great way to take care of this issue. Thanks