Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom OS for E67

Advanced Tuner

Custom OS for E67

hello all,
    just curious if there will be a 2.5 bar custom OS for the E67 ever released? I see I have the option for the 2 bar custom OS in my editor but that is a down grade. I would really like to go to the custom OS for the other features it has but only have the 2 bar which wont work for speed density in my CTS-V. sorry if this subject has been brought up before.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

It is unlikely. HPT is no longer developing custom OS's from my understanding.

How much boost are you running?

You are not alone in wishing some of the enhancements were available for later models...

Post tune.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 06-16-2016 at 09:33 AM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    post the file...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    It is unlikely. HPT is no longer developing custom OS's from my understanding.

How much boost are you running?

You are not alone in wishing some of the enhancements were available for later models...

Post tune.
    I am seeing about 14 to 15 PSI max.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    post the file...
    here you go.

and kind of off topic but if I wanted to get the instrument cluster fuel density added to my tune would I need to go through support at HPT or is that something you could add? thanks I will be adding flex fuel at some point and as I understand it this is a required table? but really don't know.

thanks fellas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

If 15 is the max you see then you could probably run the 2 bar OS if you wanted to

Advanced Tuner
    If 15 is the max you see then you could probably run the 2 bar OS if you wanted to
    at some point (not in the near future) I do plan to add a little more pulley but only to about 17 max. will that present a problem? when I created a 2-bar file (just for fun and to see the options never did download it of course) I noticed the MAP's high point was 175 KPA. I know I can change that but the resolution didn't look to great either.

Post the file with the 2 bar OS applied real quick

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the 2 bar IS the 2.5 bar, we just didn't create a 4th name. We reused the name.

Advanced Tuner
    Post the file with the 2 bar OS applied real quick
    here you go

the 2 bar IS the 2.5 bar, we just didn't create a 4th name. We reused the name.
    it doesn't seem to have the clarity that the VVE table has. im sorry if I need to enable something or change something in the custom OS and just don't know. im still pretty new at this. heres a screen shot of the custom OS vs the standard VVE.
    Last edited by JBZ; 06-16-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Bill is right... you just have to change the axis headers for the "2 bar" tune to go up to however much boost you'll be running. It is actually capable of handling up to 2.5 bars.

So:

In the 2 bar tune click on "MAP (kpa)" up at the top.. from there you can change the axis headers up to 255 kpa. You'll need to set these however you want them..

After that make the row/column headers in the VVE editor the same as the VE tables in the "2 bar" OS tune

Copy/paste your existing VVE table into Excel.

Copy it again

Paste special-->Transpose

Now you have a VE table in the same format as the 2 bar tune

Copy/paste that in to the 2 bar tune and you have a starting point

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Bill is right... you just have to change the axis headers for the "2 bar" tune to go up to however much boost you'll be running. It is actually capable of handling up to 2.5 bars.

So:

In the 2 bar tune click on "MAP (kpa)" up at the top.. from there you can change the axis headers up to 255 kpa. You'll need to set these however you want them..

After that make the row/column headers in the VVE editor the same as the VE tables in the "2 bar" OS tune

Copy/paste your existing VVE table into Excel.

Copy it again

Paste special-->Transpose

Now you have a VE table in the same format as the 2 bar tune

Copy/paste that in to the 2 bar tune and you have a starting point
    awesome, thank you again as you always have valuable advise.

Advanced Tuner
    OK so im a little lost here. I have remapped the virtual ve table to match what I am seeing in the custom OS. yes they seem to line up but what im not getting is that if I look at a previous log and I see 175 kpa it shows 10.75 lbs of boost. but if I change the map axis header to PSI 15 KPA (first cell) maps to 2.2 PSI and the 175 KPA (last cell) maps to 25.4 PSI.

what is the disconnect from what I am seeing on a log and what is mapped in the VE table?

I have attached the custom OS 2 bar map with the tables now from my VVE table up to 175 kpa on the custom Os.

another thing, on hpt's website it says that you can run SD only with this enhancement, which leads me to believe that you do not need to fail the maf. how would I go about enabling SD only. I cannot find that anywhere.
    Last edited by JBZ; 06-16-2016 at 01:19 PM.

boost vs. MAP basically.

Boost is based on 0 being regular 'ol atmospheric pressure that we're breathing right now..

MAP is based on 0 being a perfect vacuum... like, in space

So the difference between the two is ~100 kpa or ~15psi. Actually 14.7. So 10.75 + 14.7 = 25.45. Quite close

Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    OK so im a little lost here. I have remapped the virtual ve table to match what I am seeing in the custom OS. yes they seem to line up but what im not getting is that if I look at a previous log and I see 175 kpa it shows 10.75 lbs of boost. but if I change the map axis header to PSI 15 KPA (first cell) maps to 2.2 PSI and the 175 KPA (last cell) maps to 25.4 PSI.

what is the disconnect from what I am seeing on a log and what is mapped in the VE table?

I have attached the custom OS 2 bar map with the tables now from my VVE table up to 175 kpa on the custom Os.

another thing, on hpt's website it says that you can run SD only with this enhancement, which leads me to believe that you do not need to fail the maf. how would I go about enabling SD only. I cannot find that anywhere.
    You can run MAF only, mixed or VE only with this OS.. they just didn't officially test it in MAF only mode so they leave it on there saying to run SD only, but it isn't the case

Right now the VE table in the 2 bar file you posted goes to 175 kpa or 75 kpa boost.. so like 10psi. You'll want to change the MAP axis to make it go higher if you're going to be running above that.

Also make sure MAP sensor settings didn't get changed, sometimes the 2 bar upgrade changes the MAP sensor settings with no warning

And lastly.. this VE table will really only be a starting point. For some reason it doesn't work out 1:1 old OS VVE vs. 2 bar OS VE table as far as fueling goes. I don't know why.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 06-16-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    so if I wanted to run SD only would I still have to go through all the normal channels of failing my MAF? sorry for all the questions im still trying to get a handle on this. I would really like to enable it so I can tune my SD and have the other benefits but want to get my head around this before I do. I would also make the assumption that I can go back to my other standard tune if there is something I did wrong in my set up. is that a fair assessment.

and again sorry for all the questions

No problem--work and the forum are pretty slow today so it's something for me to do too

Yes, you'll still have to fail the MAF in order to get it over to SD only

And just save a separate copy of your old tune... You can always do a "write entire" of the old tune and go right back to it

I'm like 95% sure you can use the history feature built into V3 to revert back to the original OS too but I have never tried it.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    cool, thanks and if you do have a quick second to take a look at the tunes I posted in #12...would you mind? just to make sure im not way of basis there with mapping the VE tables. I am of course not asking you to do any work there for me but again if you don't mind take a look and see if you think I mapped it over correctly. I may have completely botched it. it looks pretty close to me...but this is really the only tune I look at on a regular basis.

Looks like they match to me

I'd probably change the axis headers so that it will cover however much boost you may be running in the future, just so you don't have to mess with them later. Right now it's only setup to go up to 175kpa MAP which is about 75kpa of boost, or a little under 11psi.

Advanced Tuner
    is there a way to add more then 32 cells to the map access portion of the VE table in the custom os? it seems that the VVE table in the standard version has a lot more then 32 cells. I would like to have it set up like the VVE table in 5 degree increments starting at 10 KPA up to 210 KPA but I cant get there with the custom OS. that would be 40 cells required.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We are not adding anything additional to our custom operating systems, sorry.

Advanced Tuner
    We are not adding anything additional to our custom operating systems, sorry.
    ohh OK...I didn't know if there was a way to get more cells out of it as it is. some other (maybe hidden) spot in the file to increase the cell count. it will still work as is I just wont be able to take anything I have previously tuned and easily swap it to the VE table...more or less need to start over. also it doesn't seem to have he granularity of the VVE table... is that a problem? I really don't know. I don't know enough about it.