Thread: how can i do the "Backfire" tune?

Tuner in Training

Question how can i do the "Backfire" tune?

hi,
    I tried to make 2015 dodge challenger r/t and 2013 dodge charger v6 backfire, but there are three main problems!

1st. the car does not backfire unless its moving and the gear is in Neutral after pressing and releasing gas pedal.
    2nd. the car does not backfire while its stopped at all !
    3rd. if i release the pedal after a WOT, it goes crazy! the rpm keeps going up and down while deceleration.

it seems like there is a table preventing the backfire from happening, but i don't know witch on is it

Note:both cars does not have cats on them!

Thanks,

Senior Tuner
    besides the obvious question of why you want to do this, you should post up your tune.

Tuner
    I will admit the Jaguar F-Type R has the sickest exhaust sound out of any car right now and if i could make my car sound like that with a tune i'd do it in a heartbeat. Now if you're talking about that corny ricer backfire then i'm good but if you meant that crackle pop and gurgle someone please let me know as well cause i want to do that!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    DFCO setting with hot exhaust will give you that
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    Depends on the vehicle, I disabled DFCO and had nothing coming out the tail pipes even catless. I think you will need to disable the DFCO but also have the VE table very high in the decal area so it dumps fuel.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Depends on the vehicle, I disabled DFCO and had nothing coming out the tail pipes even catless. I think you will need to disable the DFCO but also have the VE table very high in the decal area so it dumps fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    DFCO setting with hot exhaust will give you that

I did the DFCO, that is not enough for it to backfire, i did manipulate with the partial timing to make it backfire, but when i left my foot of the gas it doesn't backfire like if there is a table that demands more power.

I will post my tune with a data log tomorrow.

openloop will also help

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    besides the obvious question of why you want to do this, you should post up your tune.
    this is my tune, and a datalog of what is happening along two pictures to show where the problem is happening!

This is the problem; while the gear is on Drive rolling on low load and high RPM, IT DOES NOT backfire, like if there is a table that demands more power.
    backfire while gear is on Drive.png

And this is the backfire happens only on Neutral gear with only one problem! the car must be rolling to backfire!
    Backfire while gear is on Neutral.png

and why i am doing this?
    Well, a lot of guys on this part of the world does it just for fun, at the end of a race, you backfire to celebrate .
    Attached Files Attached Files

thats way too aggressive with negative timing

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    thats way too aggressive with negative timing

I am thinking around -30 degrees would do be just fine, and i don't think that its too aggressive, i've tried -45 and it's sound changed from a pistol to a shotgun! That was too agressive and you could hear the engine screaming!

Any suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    You can go into your min spark tables and make all the values a negative number to give you that popping that you might be looking for.

But there is no reason to put negative numbers in your WOT spark table like you have.

I would put your spark tables(PT and WOT) back to the way they were before putting all of those huge negative numbers in there. And just try adjusting min spark table only, and see how that works.