Thread: Performance mode transmission switch option for version HPT version 3

Potential Tuner

Performance mode transmission switch option for version HPT version 3

Good day! a friend and I have been trying to figure out how to add a tow/haul switch to my recent swap using a 1999 gmc sierra 5.3/4L60E combo. Unfortunately the best post I found on the topic is likely revolved around an older version and we cannot find the option in Version 3 (here is the info we found as a sticky http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Switch-Option)

is there a new process to providing a single switch "performance mode" in HPT version 3 that someone could give us CLEAR step by step process with (we are not well versed and do not get into tuning other than this kind of basic stuff).

I understand that as per information found on lt1swap.com that pin 71 blue will become the trigger - with a momentary switch to this pin, the ECM will be in performance mode.

Since I plan to use this for hauling a travel trailer next weekend - speed of the matter would be fantastic!

appreciate any answers - screen shots to help us might be best if the process has become cumbersome. I would think this would be a good sticky!

Potential Tuner
    Bump - so are the changes to version 3 that big that no one knows the process of allowing "tow/haul" mode on the single switch anymore?

Potential Tuner
    answered my own question - the problems was we use 'Basic' Mode for VCM editor all the time. I then tried 'Advanced' mode and found the option here:

1. Make sure your operating VCM Editor in 'Advanced mode' rather than 'Basic'
    1.PNG
    2. Click 'Trans' button with sprocket icon
    2.PNG
    3. Dialog box appears and you will want to navigate to the tab called 'Auto Shift Properties'
    3.PNG
    4. Here on the left side is the 'general' area, under it reads a box 'Perf Option' to the right of this is a drop downlist
    4.PNG
    5. click on drop down list and select 'One Switch'
    5.PNG

hope this helps out other newbs - I know some of the info I found on here assumes everyone reading knows what to do and cuts out the simple steps i.e. advanced mode