Thread: 1 & 2 bar map

Tuner

1 & 2 bar map

Okay, first question is this = click the OS button, shouldn't I see 1, 2 & 3 bar options?? I see nothing. I have the mpvi, just downloaded new 2.1.10 and am attempting to wire up an LC-1.
    Now, I'm real green at this tuning, but shouldn't a forced induction motor have a 2bar map since at wot the motor will go beyond 100 kpa? Hence, I would need 2 bar capability. I see map readings into 160kpa at WOT but in the editor I can't go beyond 140.
    Once again, I'm new at tuning and would like an explanation in dummy format. My car is a 00' GTP. I was also going to try SD tune, but not understanding the missing 2 bar SD enhancement in the OS makes me wonder if I really want to.
    I hope this question makes sense. Breaking it down, shouldn't I want 2bar capability to scan & tune with, and why does my OS show nothing?
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    there are only 1/2/3 bar Custom OS's for certain pcm's mainly 97+ LS based pcms.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    So Bill, how do I edit the ve table or tune when it only goes up to 140 but my motor is pulleyed to see far beyond that? And I want to say that before this update I could at least see the 1/2/3 bar SD in the OS but it wasn't "enabled/licensed"?
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    As far as what was under your "os" portion i have no clue why anything showed up...it shouldnt since it doesnt apply to your OS. As far as tuning VE goes the ve is only active when the maf fails on your car so unless your going mafless you wont need to retune the ve table.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    As far as what was under your "os" portion i have no clue why anything showed up...it shouldnt since it doesnt apply to your OS. As far as tuning VE goes the ve is only active when the maf fails on your car so unless your going mafless you wont need to retune the ve table.
    But there are other parameters that the map is being used for and if I cant tune the pcm beyond 140, what is happening when my motor goes beyond that? My stock map sensor is a 2 bar, so why doesn't HPT allow my OS to use 2 bar? I guess Bill, I don't understand

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    because it is pointless...you can tune everything just fine with what you have...again unless your wanting to ditch your maf theres no reason to do a speed density tune. And to redue the dozens upon dozens of v6 OS's for the small handful of people that want it, when its not a necessity, would be pointless.

Tuner
    Thanks for the info. You have yours tuned in, so I must assume the 2 bar is a waste of time.