Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Niemer View Post
    I tried this, and it would work for my needs, but it only flips through the ones that are visible on the list. If the graph is buried, it won't flip to it.
    Weird. Hopefully that can be fixed

Is anyone elses app key not working after updating? Came from 2.x(don't remember) software and now it's saying the app key is invalid on 3.2. Box is hooked up and light is on/made sure there were no spaces etc. Got an auto ticket number but nothing yet, seeing if anyone else had an issue or if I'm missing something.

Did you request your latest application key from the customer page or are you using an old one?

Advanced Tuner
    Issue:

I've had my HPT cable for a few years and have never had troubles with it. A little while back I upgraded when you guys went to 3.0. I since have had issues. I realized my scanner config would not work with the new update. I picked a few things to log and tried connecting to a vehicle and it would not connect. I thought maybe it was an issue with me trying to open my original config file, and I did not have time to mess with it. Since then I tried reverting back to an older version and it will not allow me to connect to a vehicle (tells me it can not connect and that I need to verify its plugged in). I thought maybe 3.0 was stuck in my computers registry files. I wiped my entire hard drive, installed the old version and it does the same thing. I tried installing 3.0 again and it would connect to the vehicle but I could not scan. Since version 3.2 is out, I upgraded to that and it will connect to a car, it will let me read the tune off of a car, but I can not write to the vehicle, and I can not scan the vehicle. It does show connected though. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Mike

If i download 3.2 can i still keep 2.2x?
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987

Quote Originally Posted by 01ssreda4 View Post
    If i download 3.2 can i still keep 2.2x?
    Once you use any of V3 and up versions there is a firmware update that will stop all but one version of 2.24 from working.

What happens when you try to log a vehicle?

What happens when you try to write a tune?

What vehicle?

Potential Tuner
    upgraded to 3.2

realized it was a mistake

2.24.654 wont connect to the vcm anymore

It wasn't a mistake. Give it time. There are a bunch of how to's at the top of the Scanner section regarding the new version.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    It wasn't a mistake. Give it time. There are a bunch of how to's at the top of the Scanner section regarding the new version.
    ill give it more time since i have NO OTHER CHOICE !

i think locking people out like that is not a good move

people hate forced change its human nature

Quote Originally Posted by XxMFxX View Post
    upgraded to 3.2

realized it was a mistake

2.24.654 wont connect to the vcm anymore
    Use 2.24.1172 and it will connect just fine.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

If this is the place to request features then I'd like to request adding the ability to clear TAPS in the special functions menu. It would also be nice to be able to view the TAPS in the scanner, but I'd settle for just being able to clear them.
    2006 Grand Prix GT 3800 L32 SC - Stock

I am having trouble running V3.0.xxx with 2.0.xxx in windows 10. It sees V3.0.xx and telles me there is a newer version and it has to be removed 1st. anyone running both on Win10.
    I already tried renaming folders.

Never mind, I got it done.
    Last edited by 2therock; 09-05-2016 at 12:23 AM.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Quote Originally Posted by pmkls1 View Post
    If this is the place to request features then I'd like to request adding the ability to clear TAPS in the special functions menu. It would also be nice to be able to view the TAPS in the scanner, but I'd settle for just being able to clear them.
    It should be there for some computers, if it has an actual TCM. I was able to do adaptive re-learns and pressure presets in my silverado the last time I checked. An older car may not have this option. Touching the battery postive and negative cables together for 30 seconds works for me on the older cars.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, I can reset TAPS on my car - but, it really would be cool to be able to see what the TAP values actually are.
    Last edited by jtrosky; 09-05-2016 at 10:16 AM.

Senior Tuner
    So I am guessing the ability to run 2.24.xx with 3.2 on the same drive is still not an option.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It should be there for some computers, if it has an actual TCM. I was able to do adaptive re-learns and pressure presets in my silverado the last time I checked. An older car may not have this option. Touching the battery postive and negative cables together for 30 seconds works for me on the older cars.
    If you're referring to the 2012 Silverado in your signature then you're talking about a 6L80E (this includes all 6LXX trannys though) and the adapts for them is a bit different than all the older GM transmissions. The actual term is different for them too although to most people they are synonymous. TAPS, or Transmission Adaptive Pressure Settings is the term used on the older transmissions and the term used for the 6LXX series is learn adapts or something like that. The correct term is only relevant to differentiate between the two processes. Since the 6LXX trannys are a clutch-to-clutch shifted trans they operate much different from the others and the adapts for them and is critical for the TCM to even know how to shift. That learn process calculates stuff like clutch capacity etc. You should (actually you shouldn't) try driving one of those that hasn't had the adapt process performed yet if you haven't. They drive like the TCM doesn't know what in the world's going on and you don't know when, how, and what gear it is going to shift to. But anyway, on the older trannys the TAPS are more like fuel trims in how they work. The simplified explanation of this process is the PCM or TCM just compares actual shift times to the set shift times and adjusts the shift pressures accordingly. I may very well be wrong about it because it's been too long since I've used a Tech2 or an MDI, but I'm pretty sure that with just about all OBDII GM computers you have the ability to both view and reset the TAPS through the scan tool. That function may also very well be available in the VCM scanner program on other types of applications, but it isn't there for the 3800 v6 cars. I haven't looked in the VCM scanner program on other types of vehicles to see. BTW, I don't mean to come across as a smart ass or a know-it-all though. I was just explaining the difference for anyone that may not know.
    2006 Grand Prix GT 3800 L32 SC - Stock

Advanced Tuner

I was reluctant to change also. Its WELL worth it!

Advanced Tuner

I run BOTH 3.2 and 2.24.1172. I cant remember the last time I fired up 2.24.1172...

Advanced Tuner
    ^^See, I'm the complete opposite - I have both installed but really have no reason to use 3.x - except when I have to in order to look at a tune that was created with 3.x. The scanner interface on 2.4 is just so much more flexible in terms of window placement, especially on small-screen devices like the one I use (10"). I can get so much more information on the screen at once with 2.24. Since I only tune 1 car, most of the benefits in 3.x just aren't important to me - and the stuff I tune on my car.

That's why it's nice to have the ability to run either version - that way YOU can decide which version works best for YOU.

Honestly, I really wish that the 3.x scanner interface had true "windows" like it did in 2.24 - then I would probably move to 3.x as that is my main gripe with 3.x.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I run BOTH 3.2 and 2.24.1172. I cant remember the last time I fired up 2.24.1172...
    i was going to but to lock people out that way mad me hate it ,, i am sure i will make it work but its the way they forced it made me angry

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    ^^See, I'm the complete opposite - I have both installed but really have no reason to use 3.x - except when I have to in order to look at a tune that was created with 3.x. The scanner interface on 2.4 is just so much more flexible in terms of window placement, especially on small-screen devices like the one I use (10"). I can get so much more information on the screen at once with 2.24. Since I only tune 1 car, most of the benefits in 3.x just aren't important to me - and the stuff I tune on my car.

That's why it's nice to have the ability to run either version - that way YOU can decide which version works best for YOU.

Honestly, I really wish that the 3.x scanner interface had true "windows" like it did in 2.24 - then I would probably move to 3.x as that is my main gripe with 3.x.
    i agree