Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Honestly, I really wish that the 3.x scanner interface had true "windows" like it did in 2.24 - then I would probably move to 3.x as that is my main gripe with 3.x.
    I concur!

We've done a lot to make 3.x more touch/tablet friendly. Using 2.x on a touch/tablet was the absolute worst.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Just to be clear - at least in my case, this has nothing to do with "touch" - even though I'm using a touchscreen device, I never (or very rarely) use it as a touchscreen device for tuning/scanning - I use the keyboard and trackpad (or mouse when at a desk) to "navigate" the scanner application. The main issue with 3.x has nothing to do with "touch", but more to do with the fact the you have much less flexibility in terms of data "presentation" in 3.x. Like I said, I can just get so much more info on my 10" screen at the same time in 2.24 - which makes it more useful in my case.

It sure would be nice if the scanner interface went back towards true "floating" windows in future versions - I just don't see a "downside" to that style of interface - if you don't like overlapping windows, you can always "tile" the windows and get what you have now in 3.0. That way people could take advantage of the enhanced functionality in 3.x while also retaining the scanner display flexibility that was available in 2.24... Based on what I've seen, I think that most people agree that the "floating" window design was a better interface.

Not "complaining" - just giving what I consider to be constructive "feedback". :-)

Support, please address this.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...nt-(HOT)-Issue

When you click on TPS hot enable and use the function in the corner to change the percent sign "%", after 3 clicks it completely goes away. So instead of reading from 0-100% throttle it now only reads 0-1% throttle and you have to click the decimal points to read 0.87. Why does it not allow you to go back to regular 0-100%??

If someone could fix this issue that would be awesome, to me it should work just like the rest of them. Where you can change between like kpa, psi, bar, Pa and in/hgs for example, it always allows you to go back to the default one it started with.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Support, please address this.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...nt-(HOT)-Issue

When you click on TPS hot enable and use the function in the corner to change the percent sign "%", after 3 clicks it completely goes away. So instead of reading from 0-100% throttle it now only reads 0-1% throttle and you have to click the decimal points to read 0.87. Why does it not allow you to go back to regular 0-100%??

If someone could fix this issue that would be awesome, to me it should work just like the rest of them. Where you can change between like kpa, psi, bar, Pa and in/hgs for example, it always allows you to go back to the default one it started with.
    For now, right click the cells and just change the units that way, until there is a better fix.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Thanks for the heads up, wasn't sure how common of an issue it was.

3 more clicks of the mouse is easy enough just thought it was strange that it did this.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
    here's a shot of the IAT table.. compare view - which is my stock file, and then when I go to Differences view, the columns are all whacked, not at all what they are in Main or Compare views..

Attachment 60103Attachment 60104

yeeaaahh.. so I installed the latest 3.2.116 just now.. and THIS problem STILL exists! Since I reported it back in June...... among other tables that do the same/similar thing... not getting very far very fast with this version.. still buggy on editor and scanner fronts.. still staying with my 2.24.xxxx version that I know works correctly without issues for me and my vehicles...
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-28-2016 at 04:21 PM.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

It's fixed in the beta, not sure why it didn't get added to regular release.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    I have found that reading and writing to Hummer H3 PCM's now takes much longer. in the past it would take 10 minutes for whole write process to complete, now it takes 45 minutes roughly the same for reading the PCM. Is there a way it can be sped up? or do I need to change any settings? I always do a write entire and don't select the quick option

Forgive me for stating the obvious

But have you tried NOT writing entire every time and selecting the quick option?

Writing entire is typically only needed (and wanted) when doing an OS change. It's not recommended to use it every time unless there's just something weird about that particular model that requires it that I don't know about..

Otherwise this is like re-installed Windows on your computer every time you want to change anything. It works, but is total overkill and way slower.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    I agree with schpenxel, plus I also use the high speed option on all GM vehicles and have never had a problem that wasn't a problem within the vehicle itself.
    I build stuff...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Forgive me for stating the obvious

But have you tried NOT writing entire every time and selecting the quick option?

Writing entire is typically only needed (and wanted) when doing an OS change. It's not recommended to use it every time unless there's just something weird about that particular model that requires it that I don't know about..

Otherwise this is like re-installed Windows on your computer every time you want to change anything. It works, but is total overkill and way slower.
    apparently its something to do with the 2007 model PCM GM used in the Hummer, was later changed during 2007, if you do a quick write it kicks out with an error, you have to do a full write to get it to complete the process

I see--that sounds pretty annoying

Advanced Tuner
    Holy cow, I would never get anything finished.

Have you contacted support with the file and infolog to see if there is something they can do?
    I build stuff...

Tuner
    Hi, I have a question about the VVE for E38 pcm, it only goes to 105 KPA, If i want to run forced induction speed density how do increase the VVE MAP past 105 KPA? TIA

In VVE editor click on the "manifold absolute pressure" heading over on the left and you'll get a menu where you can change it to whatever range you want. You can put whatever values you want or use the built in 1/2/3 bar options.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    In VVE editor click on the "manifold absolute pressure" heading over on the left and you'll get a menu where you can change it to whatever range you want. You can put whatever values you want or use the built in 1/2/3 bar options.

thats to easy..... thanks

Tuner
    In the 3.2 scanner when viewing the Chart v's time after a log, theres only a play and a pause button, I find this a little frustrating, cause you can only play or pause it, in 2.24 scanner I could manually go through the chart and view certain points, and use the white marker line to line up certain points of the chart for viewing...... any chance of getting these features put back into the newest scanner? TIA

That is down at the bottom now, it looks like a heartbeat monitor.

You can drag the mouse to anywhere in the log from there.

Not sure what you mean--the white marker is still there. Just click somewhere inside the chart vs. time

You can also zoom in/out using mouse scroll wheel or + - keys on the keyboard

You also have a horizontal scroll bar down at the bottom where you can move around the whole log quickly

Snip.png