Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Are you using multiple versions of VCM Scanner?
    I have the latest 3.2 and 3.3 and last 3.0.128...would that cause this issue?
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Yes.

Users that are going back in versions will see unexpected results. We don't develop for that scenario, and the 2.24 backwards comparability math support makes things even trickier.

Stick with 3.2+.

Also, we'll be removing the 2.24 math importing for the beta and 3.4 (future release) builds. Any user that has upgraded from 2.24 to 3.0 or 3.2 will be ok.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

OK, thanks...

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Any chance of a true, overlapping windowing interface coming back in future versions of the scanner?

Or, at the very least, a dual-column channel table? The 3.x scanner interface really makes it tough when using a small-screen tuning device.

I would love to move to 3.x, but for me and my uses, becuase there are no overlapping windows and a single-colume channel table, the cons outweigh the pros (again, for my uses since I use a small-screen device for tuning). I just tune one vehicle and have one "layout", so things like PID filters and better support for multiple vehicles, while nice, just aren't that important to me.

Just hoping that I can eventually move up to 3.x....

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    It's per session.

A master "opt out" feature will be added eventually. The likely release version would be 3.6. We have some other big plans for 3.4.
    Sounds interesting
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

A dual column channels display is on the todo list, as well as being able to add number display style gauges to the gauge display.

Potential Tuner
    I am new to HPtuners so sorry if there is an easy fix that I am not doing, however I had some custom calulations/channels that are for my wideband. I followed the steps from the calibrated success to create with them and they appeared to be working fine in 2.24 however now in the new 3.2 it is showing where i did have them, has the title for some of them but some it says unknown on them and shows a little broken symbol. Do i need to do anything to allow these to work in 3.2?

Quote Originally Posted by welldonecj7 View Post
    I am new to HPtuners so sorry if there is an easy fix that I am not doing, however I had some custom calulations/channels that are for my wideband. I followed the steps from the calibrated success to create with them and they appeared to be working fine in 2.24 however now in the new 3.2 it is showing where i did have them, has the title for some of them but some it says unknown on them and shows a little broken symbol. Do i need to do anything to allow these to work in 3.2?
    The broken symbol (or fire cracker as I call it) shows unsupported (2.24). Hook up to the vehicle and connect to load the parameters into 3.2 to start...that will correct the sunsupported stuff. Also, it will save it as on offline profile so you can reselect without hooking up to vehicle.

Ed M

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I have hp tuners vcm suite pro and have a question concerning software issues. I need to take a log in version 2.24 but have upgraded to version 3.2. I had uninstalled the software in order to use my disk to install 2.24 and when going to log there was an error that stated "vcm could not be found". Trying several things I updated to version 3.2 via website and it worked after refreshing the drivers.
    Is there an older version of the drivers or any reason that I would be unable to use version 2.24?

Tuning Addict
    What does 3.3 allow that 3.2 currently doesn't? Just wondering if there's any need to request it for any particular issues?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mdubs256 View Post
    I have hp tuners vcm suite pro and have a question concerning software issues. I need to take a log in version 2.24 but have upgraded to version 3.2. I had uninstalled the software in order to use my disk to install 2.24 and when going to log there was an error that stated "vcm could not be found". Trying several things I updated to version 3.2 via website and it worked after refreshing the drivers.
    Is there an older version of the drivers or any reason that I would be unable to use version 2.24?
    Only the very latest of 2.24 would work with the update performed to the interface...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Hi HPT

I have noticed something which I'm not sure this is expected behaviour? Running 3.2.17 and when I increase the decimal point for the VE table on an LS1 tune as soon as I open another file to compare it goes back to default. Also once the compare is opened and I increase the decimal point on both the original tab and compare tab as I toggle between those two tabs the decimal point goes back to default.

Thank you.
    HSV W427

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Only the very latest of 2.24 would work with the update performed to the interface...
    Any chance you know where I could get that? My install cd is dated 2013.

The better question is what do you need to do in 2.24? We can help you do it in V3.2 more than likely.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    The better question is what do you need to do in 2.24? We can help you do it in V3.2 more than likely.
    Sure I need to use it for data logging to send it for some adjustments to my tune. There are certain parameters on there they had specified needing.

Quote Originally Posted by mdubs256 View Post
    Sure I need to use it for data logging to send it for some adjustments to my tune. There are certain parameters on there they had specified needing.
    All the parameters in 2.24, and many more are in 3.x

Tuner in Training
    Hey There HP Tuners Team top work.
    Little bit of feedback I'm finding in version 3.2.17 that if an O.S has been changed ie speed density on an ls1 that the OS tab no longer brings up any information its completely blank, you can see that the o/s has been changed under the calibration details/controllers. this only seems to be the case on ls1 ecu the e38 seem to be fine.

The ability to copy table / past table, from the the table TAB is no longer there. You have to open the table to copy/past, can we have that back it was quick easy and worked well.
    In comparison we seem to have lost parameter/ difference counter that was handy could we have that back as well?
    The ability to copy over all differences in 1 click is great but i have found I've accidentally done that twice now and there is no undo function maybe a (are you sure tab) for {copy all differences/ copy selected} as there right next to each other.

The OS tab has been changed on purpose... this way only shows OS's that you can actually apply.. and there aren't any once you have applied one. So, makes more sense

You can still copy a table without opening it... you do have to open to paste though.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    The OS tab has been changed on purpose... this way only shows OS's that you can actually apply.. and there aren't any once you have applied one. So, makes more sense

You can still copy a table without opening it... you do have to open to paste though.
    The O/S display was great as it used to show what it was converted from, (for going back) it seems to still work on e38 ecus that have had a O/S change.
    Example it was a 1 bar set up by another, you need to find the original o/s to go back to before changing to 2 bar. you no longer can see what it was orginally, well from what i can find.

That information has been moved to the Tune Details->Controllers tab