Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 is here!

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    I am fairly confident this particular adjustment will not cause harm to your ECM. It may do nothing or set a code at worst, but you should be able to flash back to the previous calibration without any issues.
    ok thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    We're a little behind on the supported vehicles list updates. We're hoping to get caught up today. The web guys just can't keep up with the engineers!!!
    Don't forget adding the 6.7 diesel in the repository.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    redownload & reinstall.
    Got it, and works now. Thank You!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Open an E38 or E67 tune. Go into the Edit menu and hit "Add Slave Segment Data."
    This was added to allow customers with aftermarket throttle bodies to adjust P1516 DTC thresholds that can cause the vehicle to go into reduced engine power mode. The feature has the nice side effect of being able to truly write entire an ECM (initialize another ECM with the exact same tune).
    The slave segment section cannot be read back with the standard read process, but you can always add it this way.
    Does this mean I could get second hand E38 and not need a Tech2 to write any HW compatible SW version into it? For example a 2010 E38 from a Camaro and replace the entire SW with 2010 Corvette SW?

Quote Originally Posted by barum View Post
    Does this mean I could get second hand E38 and not need a Tech2 to write any HW compatible SW version into it? For example a 2010 E38 from a Camaro and replace the entire SW with 2010 Corvette SW?
    Aside from changing the VIN (which you can accomplish with an unlimited license), yes you can.

Tuner in Training
    Still not able to read knock or injector duty cycles on dodge srt4 ???

Potential Tuner
    So you answer about the ram 8spd????

Quick question, each time I download a new release 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2 I lose all my Math Parameters in the Tools>Math - Users list. They are in MATH folder under VCM Scanner, but the Math Parameters X all are vacant. Is there an easy way to repopulate this table?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    He said if it's a "hard coded limit," you'll get the message. Like early E38 injector limits, for example.

Edit: Engineer treed me.
    Hey that's a good example. Does this mean we can put correct injector data on the older e38s? Or is that one that still has a hard limit?

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Quick question, each time I download a new release 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2 I lose all my Math Parameters in the Tools>Math - Users list. They are in MATH folder under VCM Scanner, but the Math Parameters X all are vacant. Is there an easy way to repopulate this table?

Ed M
    I haven't had this problem before... BUT also haven't updated in a week or so, NOW all of my custom math parameters are gone.......
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Are you guys using multiple versions of the software simultaneously? That complicates things.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
    Yes, a bug... if you change the row axis in Tune A, for example to a 3 bar... then you open or pull a different/unrelated tune, the row axis on the VVE editor remains the same as the tune prior.
    I don't see this as an issue personally. The Axis in the VVE tool are phantom axis'. They aren't stored in the tune. It is only for visual of the EQ coefficients. You could put a 5bar tune in a NA car and it still wouldn't care because the zone boundaries you preset within the tune define the working range of the zones, not the axis within the VVE tool.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    So....am I the only one experiencing this installation problem?

I've tried a full un-install, still no avail. Re start, still nothing. 3.0 installs with no issue. What am I doing wrong?
    Normally when I get that error it's because the software didn't download fully/correctly.
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Are you guys using multiple versions of the software simultaneously? That complicates things.
    My Maths were also gone after installing the new 3.2.9 this morning.

I am also having some trouble with finding some PID's within the scanner now. Particularly the CAN bus channel for the new CAN enabled AEM wideband unit.
    ShorTuning

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    My Maths were also gone after installing the new 3.2.9 this morning.

I am also having some trouble with finding some PID's within the scanner now. Particularly the CAN bus channel for the new CAN enabled AEM wideband unit.
    Are you running any other versions of VCM Scanner on your PC?

Are you running any other versions of VCM Scanner on your PC?
    I was only running Version 3.0.128 and Beta 3.1.390....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuning Addict
    No, didn't think ahead enough to save 3 or 3.1 before updating - honestly didn't see the need... Thought after the 3.0 release problems that this one wouldn't have the "immediate" issues

SO all versions but todays 3.2.9 are gone....

BUT good news is, from this day forward I WILL be saving all math parameters, histogram layouts and so on to excel or word files on top of what's all ready available
    Last edited by GHuggins; 06-20-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Could be an issue with the 2.24 backwards compatibility with math parameters. Guess we'll have to remove that moving forward.

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm, with the change in the write entire feature... does that mean one could write on an empty ECM?

Advanced Tuner

Still the same bug from when 3.0 was initially released...

Nobody ever bothered addressing it back then so I figured I'll try again.

Same scan from my 2015 Z06 (that was made back in April) opened twice for comparison/illustration purposes. As you can seem from the screenshot even though the spark values from the graph both read 15.5 degrees at two different points in time, the value displayed on the chart is VERY different.

Any reason why?

new_scanner.jpg