Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Controls & Special Functions

Tuner in Training
    Have an 05 Dodge Ram these functions are blank..

The special functions box is also blank for me with my 04.5 Cummins

Tuner in Training
    Can any explain why my EVIC speedo is different than my dash gauge? Since purchasing my 15 scat pack there was about 2 mph difference at 75- 80 mph, ,I recently used the scanner to correct the tire size to what mfg specs are and now when my dash gauge reads 80 the EVIC says 75 based on gear ratios and rpm it appears the dash guage is correct and EVIC is off by 5 mph, anyone know why these would not match or how to verify which is correct short of asking the PD to clock me

Potential Tuner
    Have you used a GPS to check accuracy? Most GPS's are very accurate for speed measurements. There are smartphone apps for this as well that use the GPS in your phone. I would go that route to at least point the finger at which one is wrong.

Otherwise, I've always assumed the digital speedometer is correct. I believe my speedometer needle reads a shade faster than what the digital says. Most vehicles read a little faster on the speedometer, and I believe this is meant to be a safety feature. I personally hate it. VW's are terrible for this. My VW is off by 4% at highway speeds.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WILYUMZ1 View Post
    Can any explain why my EVIC speedo is different than my dash gauge? Since purchasing my 15 scat pack there was about 2 mph difference at 75- 80 mph, ,I recently used the scanner to correct the tire size to what mfg specs are and now when my dash gauge reads 80 the EVIC says 75 based on gear ratios and rpm it appears the dash guage is correct and EVIC is off by 5 mph, anyone know why these would not match or how to verify which is correct short of asking the PD to clock me
    There was a member on the challenger forum that ran into the same problem.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...9=#post8341665

Senior Tuner
    FYI - disable traction control does not work as of 7/30/2018 11:48:00 AM VCM Suite Product: VCM Editor 4.1.64 Beta on a 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8 (GPEC2, EGS53), simply receive error "Not enabled" when clicking the button. Very annoying when tying to dyno tune.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    FYI - disable traction control does not work as of 7/30/2018 11:48:00 AM VCM Suite Product: VCM Editor 4.1.64 Beta on a 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8 (GPEC2, EGS53), simply receive error "Not enabled" when clicking the button. Very annoying when tying to dyno tune.
    You can use the displacement in the interim.

I am using 4.0 and cannot find "Controls and special functions?" Help please

Support please, Thank you. I see negitive values. how can I be sure things are turned off on a 2015 Charger Scat Pack. Thank you!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    You can use the displacement in the interim.
    what do you mean?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    what do you mean?
    In the engine>general tab of the .hpt file there are 2 tables that show displacement. Hover over them and read the text at the bottom of the window in VCM editor.
    Last edited by spoolboy; 12-04-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Ill I get under the Gear Change/Tire Size adjuster is a single gear ratio box? As to only adjust the gear ratios. It would be sweet if we could get a tire pulse, and actual tire size adjustment, even if it is in inches with (2) decimal places.

I am on VCM Editor Tuner software 4.8.7 and VCM Scanner 4.8.7. Just gear ratio change doesn't really help.

Thanks in advance

Tuner
    the tire size change function doesnt work for me either, if i enter the tire size ex. 30" tire in any combination it mostly just says "out of range" or doesnt do anything. i have to use autel scanner. abs reinitialization doesnt do anything either, i have to use the autel for that also.

Advanced Tuner
    Could these variations in tire size mess with wot shifting??

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    Could these variations in tire size mess with wot shifting??
    Yes it will. Tire size changes your actual speed in gear. You want it correct to improve shifting. Not just WOT shifting

Advanced Tuner
    Right. But if I correct it in scanner it is off when I check it with a tazer. I am assuming it would be off if I checked it with alfaodb2 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    Right. But if I correct it in scanner it is off when I check it with a tazer. I am assuming it would be off if I checked it with alfaodb2 as well?
    Not sure you would be able to check it with a tazer. Sounds painful.

Advanced Tuner
    Tire - is the 2nd sub menu that shows up with tazer plugged in, the ign in on, with the car not running. Open that menu and it lets me turn the tpms on or off, correct the pressures if needed, and then it will let me adjust the value for what diameter tire is saved in the BCM. This is where it gets wonky. If I use VCM scanner to correct the tire size it changes the value the tazer sees.

Then there is the whole thing where my front runners are shorter than the drag radials. I am sure both of these two separate issues effect shifting but I am not certain how. Some here are stating there is a tire size value for the TCM. Where does one find that?
    Last edited by LilSick; 12-19-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe I am blind but I don't see any shift tables that rely on VSS but I do see engine RPM, and input/output shaft speed?

Advanced Tuner
    Are you suggesting that there are tables missing in editor, or that changing the gear ratio or tire size on a HP8 car does not effect shifting?