Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Vehicle Controls & Special Functions

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    Are you suggesting that there are tables missing in editor, or that changing the gear ratio or tire size on a HP8 car does not effect shifting?
    Changing gear ration "should not" affect shifting. Shift scheduling is based on output shaft speed in the 8hp

Advanced Tuner
    Are you suggesting that there are tables missing in editor, or that changing the gear ratio or tire size on a HP8 car does not effect shifting?
    No I was suggesting there are no tables in which vehicle speed is used to initiate shifting.

Advanced Tuner
    So if a gear change changes the shift points it is because the load changed?

I am so trying to understand this. My car came with 3.09 (2016 392). Tazer added track mode (in BCM) which when selected changes how it shifts. I am guessing that is quote, performance, end quote, in the tables? I had it tuned remotely (CMR), then installed 3.70 and a converter and have done a bunch of revisions but the shifting is not consistent. If it shifts at 6k 1-2 it runs a lot slower than if it shifts at 6500. Just a bracket car. Need consistency. So ditching the CMR stuff and starting over. Switching to e85 at the same time. Getting a baseline on a dyno but I am gonna end up having to learn and tweak it at the track myself, hopefully without grenading this the trans. Is there really no sticky for shift points for a hp70??? I searched and searched
    Last edited by LilSick; 12-20-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I did. Bought Microsoft too for excel. How quick do you sample shift id for part throttle log? Curious what else determines wot shift rpm cuz 1-2 varies intermittently at the track hooked dead up. Thanks. Really appreciate it

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    In the engine>general tab of the .hpt file there are 2 tables that show displacement. Hover over them and read the text at the bottom of the window in VCM editor.
    Thanks spoolboy...have been searching for this info for over a year now and finally stumbled over it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Only 3 things determine shift rpm - throttle position, output shaft speed, and Shift ID (what table).
    trans > torque management > general > self controlled max (Maximum engine output torque when transmission is in self-control mode.) Y = input shaft rpm and X = vehicle speed. What is self controlled mode?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Why is the sticky for this forum title still on 3.2 and where is the functionality of crank relearn. Its not fluently accessible in the special function. Hours wasted on it for other vehicles also.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanplanet View Post
    Why is the sticky for this forum title still on 3.2 and where is the functionality of crank relearn. Its not fluently accessible in the special function. Hours wasted on it for other vehicles also.

Thanks
    I have used HP tuners crank relearn which shows up in VCM scanner but I am running beta so that might be why. FWIW there is a program called alfaobd that can also do crank relearn.

Advanced Tuner
    trans > torque management > general > self controlled max (Maximum engine output torque when transmission is in self-control mode.) Y = input shaft rpm and X = vehicle speed. What is self controlled mode?
    been a week ^^^

crickets...

i would love to hear about crank relearn and what causes the necessity for that function. does our pcm lose track of where more than just the throttle is?
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Advanced Tuner
    been a week ^^^

crickets...

i would love to hear about crank relearn and what causes the necessity for that function. does our pcm lose track of where more than just the throttle is?
    When I had a junkyard PCM unlocked by HP tuners for my 2017 DD GT I kept getting slow to respond cam sensor DTCs. After I performed a cam/crank relearn the codes went away. I also used the cam/crank relearn when I re-installed my timing chain cover on my 2015 challenger RT after I installed a 6.2 cam. Not totally necessary but did it just in case.

Advanced Tuner
    oh... so this is for where the cam is in relation to the crank, not just for the crank trigger/pick up itself. thank you

with vvt i would love to learn how it knows. is there a sensor on the cam and the vvt unit both?
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Advanced Tuner
    There are separate cam and crank sensors and depending on engine there can be more than one cam sensor. Go here if you want to know more about a specific FCA vehicle.

https://mcdowellpubliclibrary.org/chilton-auto-repair/

AlfaOBD is definitely worth the investment if you have a compatible OBD adapter. Alfa has MANY parameters you can change! Not towards tuning but more towards diagnostics, vehicle options, user enabled options, etc...etc...
    Something as simple as having my low beam and high beam lights on at the same time when I turn on the high beams, voltage to the headlights, power window adjustments, vehicle configuration data.....etc....
    Vehicle configuration data like the factory would change if you added on an accessory like trailer wiring.....

Advanced Tuner
    Used alfa to enable launch control on my non-STP equipped challenger. Although one thing that it is missing is to be able to calibrate the ETC (at least not for GPEC ECUs)...for that I use HP tuners special function.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...-trans.678125/

Tuner in Training
    What about brake pedal relearn??

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BBBm3 View Post
    What about brake pedal relearn??
    Alfaobd has a brake calibration...never used it though.
    brake.JPG