Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCM Suite 3.2 - 2007+ Dodge 545RFE/65RFE Transmission Support!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    Yes you need beta. I have a 09 Ram that I'm working on and the trans part of the tune only shows up when I look at it in BETA.
    How does one get the latest beta?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by raceplayhavefun View Post
    How does one get the latest beta?
    email support with your interface ID number and request BETA to be added to your download page.

Tuner in Training
    Hello,

The Thumbnails you show does improve shift firmness ?

2012 Grand Cherokee 5.7 overland
    Last edited by Jimmy; 09-22-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Are we finally at the point yet that HP tuners will support the '06 and below 545RFE trans tuning. There are so many different companies out there, but essentially none, will support the TCM tuning. I have played around in the search for transmission tuning and after testing tons of cars, that the Diablosport interface units do support not only the PCM, but the TCM as well. There is a catch though. The PCM/TCM combination units for the vehicles must have the OLD and mostly faulty PCMs in them that gave customers so many issues over the years, and unless you loaded it on there prior to having the PCM replaced, the DRB III dealer units would not be able to force feed it on to the new device. This is what happened to me. Aside from that, Diablo has locked aka "bricked" my PCM on numerous occasions and the fighting nightmare to have them pay for it, never-mind stay on the phone the whole time was a several month long disaster. The older Predator U7137 they told me would work, but it didn't. I have tried their predator, intune, intune 2, and Trinity devices all of which have failed. I have also tried SCT, to load just a custom engine tune and that has failed, even though it tells you the tune was correctly loaded. I tried this after a reflash again at the Jeep dealer, since I personally do not own a DRB III device with the software updates that it receives. The PCM was stress tested at the dealership and all was ok. They would reload the stock software perfectly every single time as well. SCT does not support the TCM for many Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles and has its errors in data logging on it for all types of vehicles.

My personal vehicle is a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L with the 545RFE. My PCM unit part number is 56044762AJ. The TCM part number that would be found inside the PCM (or interface read) would be 56044757AG. This vehicle overall has been great. I decided to gift a dose of anabolic steroids and convert it to a 392 stroker, add ported eagle heads, custom grind comp cam, fully exhaust including long tube headers all stainless, ported & polished TB, ported out intake manifold, custom K&N intake as well (i'm probably missing a few other parts). I also have built a custom performance 545 RFE with a 3000 high stall billet tc, as well as rebuilt the front and rear differentials with all forged components. The only problem now is, I can't drive it if I don't have a definitive "yes" answer on the trans tuning ability. Without it, I won't be able to utilize the full power band of the car with regards to the shift points, increase the boost pressures sufficiently (on my year as well as '05 you can only do 1-2, 2-3. '07 and up will go as far as being able to tune 3-4), as well as eliminate torque management. I hope I can get a good answer from these tuners. The built car otherwise will just sit and go to waste after spending more than 20K on building the entire vehicle.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone looking for possible TCM support for '06 and under 545RFE trans, please contact them. I just spoke with Chad and he gladly assisted me and suggested I send him the PCM/TCM module. With so many different modules as I previously mentioned for a single car it often becomes difficult to make sure they all are supported. HP Tuners is my last ditch effort to get this vehicle build running as I bought this car from an estate of someone whose life was drastically cut short by a sudden heart defect, and I made the promise to build it to a whole new level. Once, I can get the trans tuning capability I will go with a nice sized roots supercharger and that will complete it once and for all.

Tuner in Training
    they have already made it clear to me that even though they sold me the unit with the promise that it would work on my 04 ram, they will most likely NEVER map out the parameters for our 545s. I have been in the same boat, started a project based on these promises. have 5k in my bottom end and have just stopped assembling it wont be able to use the camshaft if I cant tune it with the stall. my solution is to do a T-%6 conversion. I have just bought a new Scat pack challenger so that slowed my ram project down. if you want to use an auto trans there are companies that will do 4l80e s and TH400s with the hemi bellhousing. as far as the ram is concerned a company called Hotwire will reflash my 04 to an 05 file with only a manual trans this will stop the pcm from looking for input from the tranny. im sure there is a year and fill that can be done for your vehicle that has a manual trans file. onec that is done you can put any tranny u want behind the motor

Tuner in Training
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ning-04-545rfe here is a link to a new thread I started this may help or may not

This is so frustrating and disappointing...
    2004 Dodge Durango, 5.7L Hemi, 10:1 compression
    -SRT8 cam, advanced 6 degrees, 6.1L valve springs
    -Manley pushrods
    -Scat rods, Speed Pro pistons

2004 Dodge Durango, 392 Stroker, 11:1 compression
    -Custom cam grind, 221/230, .575"/.585", 115 LSA, 3 degrees advanced)
    -Scat forged 4.05" crank, Scat Ultra Q-Lite H-beams, Mahle forged pistons
    -Stock heads with 6.1L valves (2.08", 1.60"), bowl work to match new seat profiles
    -PSI LS1511 valve springs

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@HPTuners View Post
    06 and older is the next step for RFE support.
    Guess not, huh...? Pretty sad.
    2004 Dodge Durango, 5.7L Hemi, 10:1 compression
    -SRT8 cam, advanced 6 degrees, 6.1L valve springs
    -Manley pushrods
    -Scat rods, Speed Pro pistons

2004 Dodge Durango, 392 Stroker, 11:1 compression
    -Custom cam grind, 221/230, .575"/.585", 115 LSA, 3 degrees advanced)
    -Scat forged 4.05" crank, Scat Ultra Q-Lite H-beams, Mahle forged pistons
    -Stock heads with 6.1L valves (2.08", 1.60"), bowl work to match new seat profiles
    -PSI LS1511 valve springs

Has anyone tried to put an NGC4 PCM/TCM into the early (04-06's) Hemi Jeeps, Rams, and Durangos? It's my understanding that the VIN is the key to whether this may work or not. I guess my question is whether or not we could somehow fake this into working, or have the HP folks allow earlier VINS to work if they have the NGC4 PCM/TCM installed in an early chassis? Comments anyone on whether this could work or not??

I have my somewhat modified (advanced Comp cam, headers, ported/milled heads, throttle body,tuners, etc.) 06 Hemi Jeep with the 545RFE set up exactly the way I want it (light and WOT up and down shift schedules and all torque management settings) by using the older Superchips Tuner. The only thing I lack is the ability to control the Torque Converter slip like I can on my 05 Hemi LX which also has an NGC3 type PCM in it. Other mods. I have done to the 545RFE are a Sonnax Line Pressure Booster and a Transgo Shift Kit. I've been running this set up since about 2010 (before I did most of my mods.) without issue. Control of the Torque Converter slip would make it about as good as it could get. I will say that it made a huge difference in the Hemi LX with the NAG1 transmission.....better performance and fuel economy.
    Last edited by HemiX2; 09-29-2018 at 10:02 PM.
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.

Quote Originally Posted by HemiX2 View Post
    Has anyone tried to put an NGC4 PCM/TCM into the early (04-06's) Hemi Jeeps, Rams, and Durangos? It's my understanding that the VIN is the key to whether this may work or not. I guess my question is whether or not we could somehow fake this into working, or have the HP folks allow earlier VINS to work if they have the NGC4 PCM/TCM installed in an early chassis? Comments anyone on whether this could work or not??

I have my somewhat modified (advanced Comp cam, headers, ported/milled heads, throttle body,tuners, etc.) 06 Hemi Jeep with the 545RFE set up exactly the way I want it (light and WOT up and down shift schedules and all torque management settings) by using the older Superchips Tuner. The only thing I lack is the ability to control the Torque Converter slip like I can on my 05 Hemi LX which also has an NGC3 type PCM in it. Other mods. I have done to the 545RFE are a Sonnax Line Pressure Booster and a Transgo Shift Kit. I've been running this set up since about 2010 (before I did most of my mods.) without issue. Control of the Torque Converter slip would make it about as good as it could get. I will say that it made a huge difference in the Hemi LX with the NAG1 transmission.....better performance and fuel economy.
    Could You post your file please?
    I'm little stuck with my Cammed 2005 Jeep Hemi.

Tuner in Training
    Is the megacab fully suported ? ive been able to read and flash but it looks like some parameter doesnt work like suposed to

any updates for 05???

Yes, I finally bit the bullet and did a "so far" successful experiment, since it doesn't appear the early 545RFE's are ever going to be included. I installed a 2008 (NGC4) WK 5.7 PCM and have it working. I am currently working on programming shift schedules, torque management setting and a little with the torque management. Once I get the shifting the way I want, I'll start messing with the torque converter slip. It appears to be totally different than it was with my two LX's with the NAG1 transmissions. I've also been able to insert 2 Prime into the normal shift schedule which makes it into a 6 speed. Big difference in that alone. If you look at a couple threads above (in the DodgeTransmission Section) regarding being able to read and manipulate 545RFE settings, you'll find a couple detailing some of the things I've done.
    Last edited by HemiX2; 07-15-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    Two (now Three) Hemi's, an 05 5.7 Magnum, an 06 300C SRT8 and an 06 5.7 Jeep Grand Cherokee, all somewhat modded. The 5.7's are modded almost the same with advanced (10* for Maggie and 6* for the Jeep) FRI Sidewinder cams/6.1 valve trains, ported/milled heads w/new valve seats, SC, DS and HP Tuners, headers, cat. backs, underdrive pulleys, SOS coils, catch cans, 90 mm throttle bodies, plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff. 06 300C SRT8, Comp. Cammed, HPT tuned, Foose wheels, 85 mm TB.

Advanced Tuner
    I see some limited support for some applications prior to 2007.

Others appear to not even be readable.

Is this still a thing?
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

About the only thing my HPT shows for my 06 is that it has a 545RFE transmission. There are no other items showing.

Advanced Tuner
    What version of VCM are you using? Try the latest beta from the downloads page.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

I have stable version 4.6.3 and beta version 4.7.190. Neither can read the NGC3 files and both can read the NGC4 files.