Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid support?

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid support?

Haven't seen anything mentioned, is there support for this vehicle?
    *Jeff*
    2002 4dr 2wd Blazer, 06 L33, LS6 cam, built trans, etc.. SOLD
    2008 Tahoe Hybrid 2wd, 6.0L LFA (stock dd)
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Are you able to read the ecm? Try E67A in the drop down if it doesn't automatically detect it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

We have limited support for them. We can add a few parameters here and there for you but it is unlikely we'll ever add full support.

I'll grab my cable and see what I can get from it. Thanks!

I might have a customer's car (same one) to test it on. I was mainly looking for TCM support.... Some ecm stuff would be fun though....

Keep me posted.

Chuck CoW
    Chuck Mosello - CORVETTE DOCTOR
    Corvettes of Westchester
    www.CORVETTES-OF-WESTCHESTER.com

I'm curious as what parameters you could possibly add for us, I just pulled the stock file for my wife's 2010 Yukon denali hybrid (6.0) and was wanting to disable dod/afm as well as disable the 6em electromagnetic suspension system up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    We have limited support for them. We can add a few parameters here and there for you but it is unlikely we'll ever add full support.
    I read a 2009 Silverado and a 2011 silverado. I save the file and saw some mods that can be done like deleting cats.

Maybe take out the speed limiter.

If I buy the credits, can I delete the Cats? Can I write the ECM as normal?
    Silverado 2001 4wd rcsb, LS 6.6L, Edelbrock Super Vic manifold, Aarons 102mm elbow, Wilson 105mm TB, AEM dual Nozzle water/meth kit, 60 psi injectors, Automotive FPR, dual Walbro Fuel pump setup, compcam 230/234-.572-.576-114, WCCH Stage 2 heads, Front Mount Turbo MP45R Turbo, Intercooler , dual 3" maganflows, no Cats, CKPerformance Billet 4L80E, ProTorque converter, 14 bolt Detroit TrueTrac 3.73.

Camaro 69 SS Mast LSX454, FLT 4L60E.

Silverado 2009 Hybrid 4wd Waiting for HPTUNERS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    at the licensing screen click no thanks and you can view what tables are available.

Sorry for the long delay, was finally able to get back on this. There aren't many parameters to edit when you do pull the tune. My tahoe acted funky for a couple days after connecting giving me ECM errors too.

I've attached the tune I was able to download and have a few questions.

When you go to read, you get an error and a lot of choices I'm not sure how to answer. I've attached a screenshot but was unable to capture the options in each pulldown menu, but was able to take pics of them. I'm assuming it's trying to read the TCM and Hybrid controller but those options aren't available. I know the 2ML70 transmission was designed/built by Allison, but the only Allison option is A40 or A50. I don't want to strand myself by choosing the wrong options and trying to read again.

2008_Tahoe_Hybrid-ORIGINAL.hptCapture1.JPG

*Jeff*
    1964 Chevelle Malibu 4 door, 2003 LQ4, 06 GTO T56 swap -> https://www.chevelles.com/threads/19...-build.955866/

Anyone?
    *Jeff*

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    i will buy your product just if it was able to turn off AFM on my 08 yukon hybrid!
    im burning oil and its due to afm ...can you guys help?

Pull your #7 sparkplug and see if it's carboned up from burnt oil. If so, it's the AFM relief valve blowing oil into #7 when it's shut off. GM has an oil deflector that mounts to the valve to divert oil into the pan instead of showering the cylinder bore and cause oil consumption. I'm having the same problem with mine, just did a tune up this weekend. There's a TSB about it but no recall. You have to drop the oil pan to install the deflector.

And can anyone answer my questions about reading the hardware?
    *Jeff*

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for reviving an old thread but was the hybrid PCM support ever rectified? My 2011 Denali will be going out of warranty within the next year or so...thinking of playing around with some tuning on it after warranty is up.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    same deal, limited support, read the file, view it to see if it has what you want. If so license it and tune away, if it doesn't don't license it and keep it stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    same deal, limited support, read the file, view it to see if it has what you want. If so license it and tune away, if it doesn't don't license it and keep it stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
    Sorry for the long delay, was finally able to get back on this. There aren't many parameters to edit when you do pull the tune. My tahoe acted funky for a couple days after connecting giving me ECM errors too.

I've attached the tune I was able to download and have a few questions.

When you go to read, you get an error and a lot of choices I'm not sure how to answer. I've attached a screenshot but was unable to capture the options in each pulldown menu, but was able to take pics of them. I'm assuming it's trying to read the TCM and Hybrid controller but those options aren't available. I know the 2ML70 transmission was designed/built by Allison, but the only Allison option is A40 or A50. I don't want to strand myself by choosing the wrong options and trying to read again.

2008_Tahoe_Hybrid-ORIGINAL.hptCapture1.JPG

I've attached the cable and asked for guidance. Next step would be to disconnect ecm and connect to straight bench harness for me..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What tcm does your application use? If you aren't sure don't select anything and simply read the ECM, not the TCM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response - if I get a chance I'll take a look tonight as well.

old thread I know. but since we do now have some support for the hybrid 6.0. I have a question, if say someone did a cam swap to delete the afm but didn't want to use the Ackerson cycle late intake opening cam, but just normal one with good low end tq and give up a mpg. what would need to be adjusted in the tune for that? the ve table? or virtual ve whatever this ecm would have? I've already licensed mine to turn off the afm and adjust the speedo. but just wondering what I'd need to have for a cam swap? there is pe tuning table, which I'm guessing is wot but what about part throttle?

probably never any chance, but what these old trucks really really need to access to the hybrid battery cooling fan speed to temp. would make the battery last way longer at a little noise trade off

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    old thread I know. but since we do now have some support for the hybrid 6.0. I have a question, if say someone did a cam swap to delete the afm but didn't want to use the Ackerson cycle late intake opening cam, but just normal one with good low end tq and give up a mpg. what would need to be adjusted in the tune for that? the ve table? or virtual ve whatever this ecm would have? I've already licensed mine to turn off the afm and adjust the speedo. but just wondering what I'd need to have for a cam swap? there is pe tuning table, which I'm guessing is wot but what about part throttle?

probably never any chance, but what these old trucks really really need to access to the hybrid battery cooling fan speed to temp. would make the battery last way longer at a little noise trade off
    E67A in these hybrid applications does not offer virtual VE or a VE table, the table set is very limited in these oddball ecm's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    E67A in these hybrid applications does not offer virtual VE or a VE table, the table set is very limited in these oddball ecm's.

do you think it would be able to say self correct and be able to run OK on a stock for a non late intake closing cam, like you'd put in a non hybrid doing a afm delete kit?

the dodge version of this hybrid, the aspen. it didn't run that style of cam with this 2 mode tranny. while it is rated at a few less mpg, it's said to feel way faster around town with the electric motors adding tq, not just covering for the lack of low end with this valve timing.