Thread: 07.5 lockup

Tuner in Training

07.5 lockup

My 07.5 Ram Cummins unlocks the converter every downshift then re-locks shortly after the downshift. I would like to have the converter stay locked at all times. Is that a feature that can be added?

Thank you.

Steve

Senior Tuner
    post up your tune scanned with the latest 3.2 editor, pretty sure you have the ability already.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    post up your tune scanned with the latest 3.2 editor, pretty sure you have the ability already.
    That would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Hmm wont let me open the file. Is it locked by chance?

Tuner in Training
    Hmm wont let me open the file. Is it locked by chance?
    it is not locked it is a transmission only tune

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    it is not locked it is a transmission only tune
    That doesn't mean anything, it was because I was on a non 3.2 version computer when I tried to open it. Trans only or not will open the same.

Senior Tuner
    Looks like you have everything you need to make the adjustment, that said really need a good log to determine the right changes to your apply and release speeds. I have a feeling it will just be the TRANS>Auto TCC>TCC Apply table which sets the minimum time you need to be in each gear before itll lockup, basically no matter what you do if that table has anything other than a zero I would guess itll always force an unlock.

Tuner in Training
    If that works I will be super happy.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    If that works I will be super happy.
    Make a log of the actual downshifting etc, make sure you add pretty much all the trans channels you can once you connect to the truck, more the better.

Tuner in Training
    Make a log of the actual downshifting etc, make sure you add pretty much all the trans channels you can once you connect to the truck, more the better.
    I tried changing almost everything in the TCC parameters with no luck. The only parameter that seemed to make a difference was the Min Time in Gear. Zeroing that table seemed to make the TCC engage without any delay but it still unlocks on every downshift and only locks above 35 mph.

Steve

Senior Tuner
    need a log.... cant help much. And need a copy of the tune you attempted to use.

Tuner in Training
    need a log.... cant help much. And need a copy of the tune you attempted to use.
    These logs are rather long. I recorded most of a 240 mi trip. Most of it is downhill. The end of 3 and all of 4 is in town through stoplights. My total weight is just over 30k.
    Attached Files Attached Files