Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injector tuning

Potential Tuner

Injector tuning

I have a fg xr6turbo with a set of 1000cc injectors no matter what i change i can't get it to lean out could someone help would much appreciated thanks

No....
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Tuner
    You might be better off putting up the current tune file and a log file so others can veiw it and help.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by fgxr6turbo View Post
    I have a fg xr6turbo with a set of 1000cc injectors no matter what i change i can't get it to lean out could someone help would much appreciated thanks
    What injector data are you using? Is the data correct for your injectors or are you just guessing?

If you don't have manufactured supplied data then good luck.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    No....
    this seems helpful...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    this seems helpful...
    Probably the least helpful bloke ever. He could just contribute and post up the answer but that isn't his style. He will tell you enough to make you realise he knows the answer, but he will never give you the answer to make sure you feel like a useless tit.

Advanced Tuner
    lol i've noticed the change in his posts from few years ago to now.
    i understand that people need to be able to understand the answer before its worth answering, but it's difficult to know what to search for so you can learn enough to understand any answers. doesn't help that the aus ford tuning community isn't the best with sharing knowledge for the sake of sharing knowledge.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    doesn't help that the aus ford tuning community isn't the best with sharing knowledge for the sake of sharing knowledge.
    Other than a couple of people it is a bunch of average blokes, nothing like other technical communities I've been a part of.

I don't understand the concept of secrecy. It is like having a job and trying to secure it by not letting anyone else in on what you are working on, only average people scared of losing their jobs do that.

Sharing is caring. Ever seen what the open source community can do in the software world? It is incredible, you have to accept that trying to protect your knowledge for financial gain is never going to help in the long term. If you work together you can build amazing things, if you keep everything to yourself you end up with a whole lot of average isolated teams that bicker.

Just look at Paul Yaw from ID, he shares everything, and how many people buy their product?

Advanced Tuner
    yeah i agree 100%. dunno what else you're supposed to do except ask questions and discuss when you need information.
    yes data logging and making changes is great, but you can't learn everything that way.

in saying that, i'm still thankful that there's a forum for this at all - could be worse.

Tuner in Training
    Happy Tuesday folks!

Quote Originally Posted by rolls View Post
    What injector data are you using? Is the data correct for your injectors or are you just guessing?

If you don't have manufactured supplied data then good luck.
    True dat but he probably has the same injectors as you and I. If not then it's time to set up a test bench When all else fails it's off to the tuners for a fee.

Probably the least helpful bloke ever. He could just contribute and post up the answer but that isn't his style. He will tell you enough to make you realise he knows the answer, but he will never give you the answer to make sure you feel like a useless tit.
    I interpreted his comment as "If you can't even work out how to change your fueling then you shouldn't be changing things in your tune".

Although I understand how it can be frustrating to slowly learn a new skill from scratch, I also understand where he comes from.
    He has invested thousands of hours and many more thousands of dollars into hardware and software to learn how to tune Fords.
    I'm sure if anyone else invested the same time, effort and money they would have comparable results.

One shouldn't get mad about professionals not giving out freebies in this case, considering the majority of tuning is knowledge and first hand knowledge in this field isn't free.

Even the tune I sent you had many hours of my time invested in it over the last 12 months.
    I have done the equivalent of dozens of dyno runs on the road to get it to where it is now at the expense of my fuel, tyres, brakes, trans cooler, diff bushes and a blown turbo.

If you paid a couple of grand to learn how to tune the zf box would you then give all of your information away for free? I wouldn't. I'm happy to share ideas but I can see that there needs to be boundaries.

Fwiw after contacting him last year via pm and offering him a couple of big macs he offered to view my logs and tune and provide advice regarding changes to my tune.

Ironically HP Tuners isn't open source and have filed successfully to protect their software and hardware. http://www.hptuners.com/pressreleases.php

Coming back over to this side of the forum makes me happy i went back to an LS engine lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffwagon View Post
    If you paid a couple of grand to learn how to tune the zf box would you then give all of your information away for free? I wouldn't. I'm happy to share ideas but I can see that there needs to be boundaries.
    I wouldn't give away someone elses intellectual property especially if they are charging for it as that would steal from their revenue stream. I would however have happily post up things that took me days to figure out on my own though, especially if it will help others. Eg the application I wrote to help with map at zero tuning and the formulas on how to do so.

I guess this comes down to the good old open source argument. I'm all for making monetizing a product that is good, but I still believing sharing information will make this community richer. An example is looking over at the EVO PCM community, the stuff the guys do for free there is incredible, completely custom OS and all sorts. If we were freely discussing and posting up memory addresses and assembler out of the PCMs we could achieve a lot more here. That is what they do in other communities and people still pay tuners and tuning companies for their products.
    Last edited by rolls; 11-22-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The problem with helping some guys on here is that you answer a few questions and then get completely inundated. You get over it pretty quickly as its all one way.

Tuner in Training
    Some good points there rolls. I had some good experiences over a pcm hacking dot net and although arguably just as hard to figure out as tuning with hp tuners I found that it is better supported than the Ford community in this context.
    Last edited by Puffwagon; 07-11-2016 at 09:33 PM. Reason: a word

Sighhhhhhhhhhhh.........

Thanks for the support puffy as it was as you've mentioned regarding a full lack of effort on the OP's part

And again I happily offered you suppprt because you were making genuine efforts and asking reasonable thought out questions and that's on offer for anyone !

I've developed a big relationship with many tuners both professional and hobbyists over the years as a common appreciation for "thinking", making an effort and putting your hand in your pocket for the tools required to back up what you're trying to achieve.

I'm glad people like puffy can see what's really going on and can respect it as it's not the fact of "making money" but the fact when it comes to it we/I had to spend money to generate results

I've openly admitted that I'm always learning and have bought many beers ( or big mac's lol ) to give back to the bloke who i pushed a hard question onto

This forum is full of answers to questions..... You just need to know the question first and make an effort

To further suppprt that i help people and only within the past few weeks TurboTrana asked very nicely if i could upload some ZF stock strategys to the tune file respiratory, normally i would wind him up and poke fun but it was a reasonable Question as he was making a effort even as low as stock limits and knew why exactly he wanted them

Glance your eyes onto the tune upload respiratory and I believe it's me who last has contributed......

I wont bother going into the countless dyno sheets and facts I've posted up to help others along the way hey
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    The determining indicator as I see it is if it is not your primary source of income there is a different approach to sharing information compared to sharing information when it is your primary source of income for obvious reasons.

Jeturbo, you have missed your calling, you would make an excellent politician, keep up the good work!
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Tuner in Training

mean bastard JET

Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    No....
    PMSFL hahahahahaha , F@#k your a mean bastard JET!!! LOL , i broke out in laughter and tears.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    The problem with helping some guys on here is that you answer a few questions and then get completely inundated. You get over it pretty quickly as its all one way.
    Agree on the inundated. It is not just the people on the forums that you end up helping. Don't agree it is one way, a couple of the tuners and quite a few forum members I have helped have been been hugely helpful.

The Ford community has somehow developed a secret squirrel nonsense that does not exist for other platforms. I blame SCT for this and stopping the information getting out so that people can find out for themselves and then ask pertinent questions.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Agree on the inundated. It is not just the people on the forums that you end up helping. Don't agree it is one way, a couple of the tuners and quite a few forum members I have helped have been been hugely helpful.

The Ford community has somehow developed a secret squirrel nonsense that does not exist for other platforms. I blame SCT for this and stopping the information getting out so that people can find out for themselves and then ask pertinent questions.

Other than a couple of people it is a bunch of average blokes, nothing like other technical communities I've been a part of.

I don't understand the concept of secrecy. It is like having a job and trying to secure it by not letting anyone else in on what you are working on, only average people scared of losing their jobs do that.

Sharing is caring. Ever seen what the open source community can do in the software world? It is incredible, you have to accept that trying to protect your knowledge for financial gain is never going to help in the long term. If you work together you can build amazing things, if you keep everything to yourself you end up with a whole lot of average isolated teams that bicker.

Just look at Paul Yaw from ID, he shares everything, and how many people buy their product?
    I agree with this, which is why I work here. Having worked in the secret realm of Ford tuning for many years, I got a bit sick of it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC