Thread: 2015 Yukon Denali 6.2l/8sp

Potential Tuner

2015 Yukon Denali 6.2l/8sp

Anyone have ideas for tuning this beast? spent most of my time on gen 3 trucks. Throttle pedal feels dead compared to my 2011 sierra 6.2l
    2007 tbss, cai, hptuners

lots of info in this section of the forum. have you read it and now have a specific question?

Potential Tuner
    Looks like I have some miles to drive logging the dd and adjust a little at a time.
    2007 tbss, cai, hptuners

Potential Tuner
    From what Ive been reading, most are saying I should adjust only the 100% throttle area of DD tables? Is there a reason the yukons and pickups have values above 12000 in the 0 column and falling as the speed increases, yet a stock corvette is only 364 all the way across?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2007 tbss, cai, hptuners

Quote Originally Posted by ontarioss View Post
    From what Ive been reading, most are saying I should adjust only the 100% throttle area of DD tables? Is there a reason the yukons and pickups have values above 12000 in the 0 column and falling as the speed increases, yet a stock corvette is only 364 all the way across?
    2014 is engine torque in kilowatts and 2015+ is axle torque (might be in newton meters or torque, not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by ontarioss View Post
    Looks like I have some miles to drive logging the dd and adjust a little at a time.
    Pretty much so just think about how it works and make small steps.
    Because its axle tq it looks at gear ratio to figure out the throttle openings
    first gear 4.5596 though rear end gear that a lot of axle tq,
    Just making shift speed changes messes up every thing(can change axle tq readings)
    you need to log app tps vs other tps pids to see whats going on this system is very complex with axle tq
    things can get out of wack.
    Making changes that can get multiply many times and ways is a little scary kind of like hoping you put your throttle spring on right
    but know way to test it

ontarioss, hey I was wondering. I put your tune on my 2015 Yukon Denali and it was jumping and revving high as soon as I would put it in drive or reverse. Any idea how I can make it stop doing this? Thanks

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    ontarioss, hey I was wondering. I put your tune on my 2015 Yukon Denali and it was jumping and revving high as soon as I would put it in drive or reverse. Any idea how I can make it stop doing this? Thanks
    If you put your old tune in your editor along with the tune you just loaded into your truck as a compare file you should be able to see the differences you just loaded in and can then change them to something that will work for you. In general you shouldn’t load a tune onto your truck but instead make changes to your original tune in a controlled fashion because there could be something different that you might miss that does not work well with your engine. Besides loading a stock file that matches your hardware as a starting point or loading in a tune file that was specifically modified for your situation by a fellow tuner you could blow up your engine if not careful. Just putting this out there, not trying to be condescending, hopefully this is something you know already.
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---