Thread: EGS53 Shift RPM Changes Relative to Power!

Potential Tuner

EGS53 Shift RPM Changes Relative to Power!

I have a built trans with stall converter and drag race 08 Charger. Car runs mid to low 9 sec 1/4 times. On good track prep, 60' low 1.3 second.

I have 2 issues:

ONE:

Depending on the track conditions I have to pull timing from 2000 to 4500 RPM to take out power so the car will hook. If the track conditions are poor, my 60' time may increase from 1.32 to 1.45 seconds.

I noticed 1-2 shift RPM drops 500 to 600 RPM. This reduces 2-3 and 3-4 shift RPM as well.

Is there away to turn off the torque management so it shifts at the same RPM regardless of the power level? I understand I could change the Up-shift values. I would like to avoid this option.

TWO:

Even with traction control turned off, if the car spins in 1st gear, it closes the TB a bit and "short shifts" to 1-2 and 2-3, 3-4 shift RPM is greatly reduced.

Is there away of tuning this "feature" out of the TCM?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hemi426 View Post

Even with traction control turned off, if the car spins in 1st gear, it closes the TB a bit and "short shifts" to 1-2 and 2-3, 3-4 shift RPM is greatly reduced.

Is there away of tuning this "feature" out of the TCM?
    Not sure if it will help, but in my case, I noticed that trans was changing to "Winter" mode during any tire spin. (was testing in warm weather.) If the "winter" shift schedule is still stock, it could explain the sooner shifting. I set mine to shift identical to "Normal" mode. I noticed in actual winter driving I was able to actually have a bit of fun in the snow without the car upshifting every chance it could to stop it.
    Crucial Velocity Radio... Listen to some tunes while your tuning! http://crucialvelocity.ca