Thread: LC-1 Box

Advanced Tuner

LC-1 Box

where do you guys have it? pics? i dont want to have mine under the car and am wondering what guage wire to use to extend it. im gonna have it as a wb/nb too so itll be in there permanently. ideas?

Mines sitting against my firewall above my rear header. Strapped with wire ties to keep it there. Not the best idea, but due to the short wires to the sensor, it didn't leave me much choice. I was also worried it might get too hot, but seems to be good thus far.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Mine sits in the car..in the passenger seat floor

I use an extension cable meant to be used with an LM1..but I clipped an end off an old sensor and put it on it so I have the length to get from outside to inside on any vehicle..
    power everythig from Cigarette Lighter
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    Mine sits in the car..in the passenger seat floor

I use an extension cable meant to be used with an LM1..but I clipped an end off an old sensor and put it on it so I have the length to get from outside to inside on any vehicle..
    power everythig from Cigarette Lighter
    maybe something thats insulated/armoured like a black box..hmm. ill hve to think bout this some more and will post up what i come up with.
    how bad of an idea is is to extend the wires on the sensor? where under there would be a good place for it? i figure itll be coming in thorough where the shifter is. hmm, ill post wht i come up with. if i may suggest.. with wiring diagrams and how to's, how about some suggested mounting spots.
    Last edited by Wnts2Go10O; 05-08-2006 at 10:32 PM.

i have mine wire tied to a brace on the back of my transmission ('04 GTO, manual trans). the box is weather proofed plus i don't usually drive mine in the rain or snow

Advanced Tuner
    Mine is zip tied to the wiring harness that runs under the cowling on the passenger side, just above where the AC piping goes through. I poked a hole in the large grommet that the PCM uses to go into the car behind the glove box. 05 GTO.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

I was able to tuck mine on top of the cross bracing on my SLP subframes...working great so far.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130