Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Tables For The 3800

Tuner

More Tables For The 3800

Is HP tuners able to give us more tables in the 3800 plat forms? DHP & Tiny Tuners has a lot, but talk about old school. There is more spark tables and Idle control stuff and more, but can HP tuners give us some of the same tables for crazy cams?

Advanced Tuner
    I doubt it. But you can email support directly and see what they have to say about it.

You have to tell us exactly what you need and what your tuning scenario is.

We may add individual parameters that help common scenarios, but we're not just going to blindly add parameters.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    Kool. I can work with that. Thank you.

Tuner in Training
    ttt
    Last edited by Gbgn1; 06-29-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Keith

Isnt there some way of mulipulating and extenting the Map table. Is there anyway making the pcm run off the map and tps. Besides failing the Maf table. I really want to run Speed density!

Tuner in Training
    ^^That would be awesome.

Also, the 01+ cars run a cat test that dump a bunch of fuel while cruising. It would be extremely helpful if we could shut that off with HPT.

Potential Tuner
    +1 on the cat test disable option, is there any possibility to get this included?

EDIT: Looks like I need to upgrade my software On the other hand, it would still be nice to have some of the cranking fuel and cranking spark tables available.
    Last edited by stiv2k; 01-25-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Tuner in Training
    An way to enable ae enrichment and decel enleanment well in speed density?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    An way to enable ae enrichment and decel enleanment well in speed density?
    No body?

Tuner in Training
    Hi Keith,

Here's the tuning scenario: No ability to apply the PERFORMANCE tables the transmission cals.
    You gave us the ability to tune 7 great tables in the trans cal.... but there is no ability to turn this on in most of the 3800 OS's (for example: OS 9352682).
    I have been researching work arounds to enable the "Performance Shift", but I can't find one, other than ...

The "switch" to enable the tables is available in DHP and Tiny Tuner, or a Mail Order tune. This one has been causing me pain because we are so close, but can't execute.

Once the "switch" is enabled in cal, then must ground pin 21 on the clear connector of the P04 ECM. Similar was added for LS1.
    Transmission/Shift Switch/Shift_Switch_Type = 1
    Transmission/Shift Switch/Discrete_Switch_Debounce_Time = 25

It's been brought up a few times, reference an old thread from 2006 through 2009:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...e-Shift-Enable
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-switch-update
    Thanks
    Mike

You can cheat the setup to run a VE based tune - I wouldn't call it speed density, but I had my 3800 running mafless and stable for well over a year by tricking the system like so: V6 Camaro VE Tune working now on my LS1 the v8 tables are far easier to manipulate than the v6 tables
    2002 LS1 Camaro - (12.9@104mph) 3.73 gears/3600 stall/corsa exhaust/tuned/Ford 8.8 rear end
    1996 3800 camaro-- (13.4@100mph) Heads/Cam/Geared/Stalled/Ford 8.8 rear end
    2008 Chevy Colorado - Daily Driver / Off-Road
    Camarov6.com | Project Cars | 5th Gen Camaro Specs | How-to Guides

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    You can cheat the setup to run a VE based tune - I wouldn't call it speed density, but I had my 3800 running mafless and stable for well over a year by tricking the system like so: V6 Camaro VE Tune working now on my LS1 the v8 tables are far easier to manipulate than the v6 tables
    Yea totally works just you end up with a lean tip in on throttle changes and on tip out you get a rich condition this is y I say there has to be a way to turn acceleration enrichment and deceleration enleanment back on when in ve other then that ve works fine.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Yea totally works just you end up with a lean tip in on throttle changes and on tip out you get a rich condition this is y I say there has to be a way to turn acceleration enrichment and deceleration enleanment back on when in ve other then that ve works fine.

that would be great! Alot of us would like to tune for Speed Density. And then work backwards to the MAF tune. SHutting off the Fuel Dump for the CAT test would be great! If it helps, i could email in my VCM suite info, from a few 3800 PCM's

Senior Tuner
    base running air flow tables. IAC controls. idle timing control. Have a turbo gtp throwing a fit and can't get it to stop idle surging.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jae30001 View Post
    that would be great! Alot of us would like to tune for Speed Density. And then work backwards to the MAF tune. SHutting off the Fuel Dump for the CAT test would be great! If it helps, i could email in my VCM suite info, from a few 3800 PCM's
    I'm still testing some things with speed density so fare it stable enough to run year round and makes great power just having the one issue with a lean tip in other then that cruise wot idle all great steady AFR and the consistency with weather change is amazing. With were I'm at once enabling the maf the car has never ran better before when I was only maf tuning I was always changing the maf when weather changed know I can drive my car year round with no changes and when the maf fails the car still runs the same cheers

Tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ned-Parameters

Will the user defines help?

It's worth the buy from what I'm reading, but I dont know if it will help the 3800 platform.

Tuner in Training
    Eric, I know another huge helping table would be MAF Fail Frequency. Some specific tuning I do, requires me setting this to 0. That's not available for me, on the p05c PCM, 12588931. 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix v6 3800, Comp G Supercharged.

Also there is not any DFCO tables. those would be great!
    Last edited by Jae30001; 11-04-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yep totaly what I'm doing have an extra 10-20 tables mapped in and tested so fare will post pics later 2000 gtp is what I have I can easily make a template for other year models once mines done. Cheers

Two weeks ago Josh added an EGR ignition timing table to P04 and P05b. I have not had a chance to test it fully yet but many have noticed a misfire when increasing minimum torque converter pressure numbers at low rpm with 3.1, 3.4, 3.8 rigs while V8s can easily take a solid lock from pretty low RPM. This EGR ignition timing table was not available previously so once I saw it I thought that maybe the extra 16+ degrees of timing at 1500 RPM under medium/light load on an EGR deleted 3.4 or 3.8.....

I never was sure if turning off EGR diag and EGR codes was eliminating EGR ignition advance or not. Now we have the table.

I will have one of my old L67 rigs back in the shop in a few days so I will 00000 out that table and try holding the converter at lower RPM. We'll see!