Thread: TCM Tune with DiabloSport Engine Tune?

Advanced Tuner

TCM Tune with DiabloSport Engine Tune?

Does anybody know if something like this would work?

I have a customer that we have two custom tune file created for his car on his DiabloSport Trinty. We are having transmission shift issues during WOT.

So my thought were to do a TCM write only with HPT. And leave the Diablosport file in there.

One: Will that work?
    Two: Will I be able to switch my tunes with the Diablosport without it messing with the TCM tune that was made with HPT?

Reason of the two tune files.
    Street Tune for 93 octane.
    Track Tune for 104 octane(Unleaded Race Fuel).

I know I could fix the issue with just going with HPT all together. But he does not want to purchase a HPT cable just for flash, when he has already purchased the Trinity.

Thoughts?

Thank you

Advanced Tuner
    If you are wondering, the vehicle is a 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8. (blower car)

Shouldn't be an issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Shouldn't be an issue.
    Awesome, thank you

Senior Tuner
    Just do yourself a favor and scan the PCM and TCM together first time, youre going to be charged anyways for a license if you ONLY scan the TCM, and then you can only tune the TCM. Might as well scan the whole thing twice with both tunes, itll still be one license. Gives you the option to tune it later on, reading out both versions of the diablo tune once loaded in, afterwards you should be able to ditch the diablo altogether.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Just do yourself a favor and scan the PCM and TCM together first time, youre going to be charged anyways for a license if you ONLY scan the TCM, and then you can only tune the TCM. Might as well scan the whole thing twice with both tunes, itll still be one license. Gives you the option to tune it later on, reading out both versions of the diablo tune once loaded in, afterwards you should be able to ditch the diablo altogether.
    We are definitely on the same page, definitely thought of that ahead of time.

Thank you for the tip tho.