Thread: Convert Log File for GPS Data

Tuner

Convert Log File for GPS Data

I know the Log file has the GPS coordinates ans some other stuff taken from the NMEA data, but is there a way get the GPS information out of it, or convert it back to (NMEA) so you can plot it on a map?

The .CSV file has GPS Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, etc., in there, and should be readable by most any spreadsheet program (Excel, OpenOffice, etc). CSV is just a text-based spreadsheet format.

There is also a binary .TAD file (TrackAddict DataLog) which is our own format that we'll be using for more advanced capabilities in the future, and those will likely include the option to export to alternate formats, but we haven't rolled that out yet...

Tuner
    I don't suppose you can just take out everything but the lat. & long. data and map that?
    Last edited by guitarZ; 06-28-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Tuner
    It seems the answer is YES. I first removed all the columns from the CSV file, leaving the Latitude & longitude data, and saved it to a new file. Then using GPS visualizer, I was able to generate a map. You can also convert the stuff to a GPX file.

I also used GPSVisualizer to convert the unedited TA log file, and I got a GPX file that I could map, but the speed data was filtered out, so my Android GPS mapping application (TrackBrowser) doesn't give you a speed graph that goes with the map.