Thread: O2 Sensors - Ready? Or not Ready?

Potential Tuner

O2 Sensors - Ready? Or not Ready?

Long story short. Was getting a tune done, kept getting a P0161 error. Disconnected the O2 sensor, cleaned out the connector, reconnected, no more error. Decided I should check to see if the O2 sensors were "Ready". Grabbed the PID's I thought I would need and did a log. I attached the result. Question is, are they ready? Or not ready? Looks like everything is on and has no failures, but two monitor statuses read "incomplete" and two say "Not Enabled".

O2 Readiness.PNG
    2014 Mustang GT/CS
    Paxton 2200SL 3.8 Pulley
    NGK 6510
    DW 95s
    JLT Intake
    Offroad H-Pipe
    Roush Exhaust

Incomplete = test is enabled, but has not run.
    Not enabled = these tests are either disabled (catalyst/off road pipe) or not applicable to the vehicle (heated catalyst).

Potential Tuner
    So I will have to complete the drive cycle to get the tests to complete then?
    2014 Mustang GT/CS
    Paxton 2200SL 3.8 Pulley
    NGK 6510
    DW 95s
    JLT Intake
    Offroad H-Pipe
    Roush Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by jcook1313 View Post
    So I will have to complete the drive cycle to get the tests to complete then?
    In theory, yes.

However, I have been fighting this same issue and have not made any progress. I have run the factory KWC4 tune unmodified except for what is needed in my swap, and the crate_6 strategies. Both behave identically as far as OBD 2 monitors are concerned. (stock engine, stock airbox, stock exhaust w/aftermarket high flow cats)
    To put it simply, the drive cycle does not work for me. I had the O2 monitors complete on mine a few times and pass, but why they are so difficult to get to run I dont know.

Was a priority before covid as the car was a daily. Now we WFH and all my cars are emissions exempt.
    So if you come up with any answers, let me know! My goal for the build was fully emission compliant and pass, funny how things change.

2007 base w/2013 coyote swap.
    Last edited by JuiceNA; 08-11-2021 at 06:06 AM.