Thread: first time tuning a xr6t

Potential Tuner

first time tuning a xr6t

Hi, Today I tuned my first BF xr6T zf auto, the car is completely stock. I managed 284rwhp, the afr's are 11.7-1 boost builds up to 10psi then bleeds off to around 6psi and I have no knock present. I had to remove timing as the factory tune had a lot of knock, can somebody have a look through my tune to see if there is anything I have missed along the way? is 284hp around the normal for just a tune no other mods? base run was 249hp. and is there any other fuel maps other than base fuel I should be changing?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your base fuel table should represent the actual AFR(lambda) your reading on your dyno or how ever you are reading your fuels. Your Fuel base table should be reading .80 (.80 x 14.7 = 11.7)

Your either out of fuel pump or injector or your high slope is miles out, id say pump. I don't have any B stock B series tunes to compare slopes to.

Capture.PNG.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by YoloTuner View Post
    Your base fuel table should represent the actual AFR(lambda) your reading on your dyno or how ever you are reading your fuels. Your Fuel base table should be reading .80 (.80 x 14.7 = 11.7)

Your either out of fuel pump or injector or your high slope is miles out, id say pump. I don't have any B stock B series tunes to compare slopes to.

Capture.PNG.
    i am new to tuning petrol cars, how do adjust high slope i have seen people talking about injector slope on these forums but i cannot find anything refering to injector slope, please advise....

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1 View Post
    i am new to tuning petrol cars, how do adjust high slope i have seen people talking about injector slope on these forums but i cannot find anything refering to injector slope, please advise....
    This is where you modify your high and low slopes.

The variables are "Flow Rate Low" and "Flow Rate High".

In laymans terms these are used to tell the ecu how big the injectors are.

A bigger number means that the injector will flow less fuel and vice versa.

You are going to need to spend a good deal of time reading this forum and xr6 turbo dot com as well. Read Jets tuning thread over there.

Almost every question you are going to ask will have an answer between these two forums.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    If you haven't changed your injectors then you are probably running out of fuel flow. What duty cycle are you seeing on the injectors?

Another one is play with the lower throttle fuel % and open loop conditions as it going rich earlier will help with spool and make it drive nicer when at part throttle and coming onto boost. The stock closed loop O2 settings can give it a laggy feeling imo.

Tuner in Training
    where's the dyno sheet with the afr's? im very new and would like to see what afrs show up top with your demanded afr targets

Potential Tuner
    Are you testing with a knockbox also?
    Have you tried a road tune.