Thread: Using Compare Feature

Tuner in Training

Using Compare Feature

Any tips on how the compare feature is used?

TIA

Rick

Tuner in Training
    Say I want to use the values in the compared file. Is there a easy way to do this? Or do I need to copy and paste?

There are a few options

Once you have a compare file open, you can look at the "main file", "compare file" or "differences". There are 3 icons towards the top of the program, just under "File, edit, compare, flash, etc..." where you can select what you want to look at. The first one shows you the main file, second one shows you the compare file and the third one shows you the differences between the two.

So, if you go to "difference" view, open up a table, and then set the whole table to 0. That will make the table in the tune you're working with match the compare file for that table.

Another way... go to compare, view comparison log. This will show you everything that is different between the main and compare file. You can right click on anything and hit copy over the differences for a particular table. Or you can copy over all differences from the compare file to the main file. Keep in mind if there are tables that don't line up then it can't copy those over. i.e. if one tune has a MAF low and MAF high table and the other just has one big MAF table.. in that case it won't copy anything over because there isn't a table for it to directly compare to.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the tips. Is there anyway to easily apply all the values of the compared file? I'm doubting it. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    There are a few options

Once you have a compare file open, you can look at the "main file", "compare file" or "differences". There are 3 icons towards the top of the program, just under "File, edit, compare, flash, etc..." where you can select what you want to look at. The first one shows you the main file, second one shows you the compare file and the third one shows you the differences between the two.

So, if you go to "difference" view, open up a table, and then set the whole table to 0. That will make the table in the tune you're working with match the compare file for that table.

Another way... go to compare, view comparison log. This will show you everything that is different between the main and compare file. You can right click on anything and hit copy over the differences for a particular table. Or you can copy over all differences from the compare file to the main file. Keep in mind if there are tables that don't line up then it can't copy those over. i.e. if one tune has a MAF low and MAF high table and the other just has one big MAF table.. in that case it won't copy anything over because there isn't a table for it to directly compare to.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner

Do you know if this still works in 3.2.11? I think they may have removed it as I can't get it to do anything other than expand or open the file with a right click.

Never mind. I was looking under the EDIT tab and then compare. I needed to be in the compare tab then comparison log.

Working for me. 3.2.27

Differences.JPG

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

just used on 3.3.39 as well

Ed m
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Working for me. 3.2.27

Differences.JPG
    Yeah I figured it out as well. I was on the wrong compare table.

Advanced Tuner
    Working for me. 3.2.27

Differences.JPG
    Damn.... I had no idea this feature ever existed. No more cycling through every single tab and table to find something..... Way cool.
    When arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing....

Keep in mind it won't show stuff that doesn't line up.. so if one tune has one MAF table and the other has a high/low then that wouldn't show up as a difference

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    What I was trying to say, it would be nice to have a way to apply all the tables and settings from the compare file.

I posted a screenshot of the feature that does exactly that for everything that can be transferred over, which should be everything or nearly everything as long as it's from a similar application/ECM.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    O wow! Thanks a million!!

In regards to "copy over selected differences" how do you select what you want to or don't want to change?

Rick
    Last edited by TurboRick; 07-10-2016 at 07:08 AM.

The "Selected differences" one just does whichever one you clicked on basically

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Again thanks for your help