Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LC-1 help

Advanced Tuner
    If I set it to 10-20, then I would have to change the PID formula from .625 +10 to .5 +10? Then add the offset to the 10?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Tuner
    That's right.
    99 Firehawk T/A NBM, M6, 403, TFS, Harrop, etc

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Ok, I made some more changes to my "VEtuning bin".

Under Engine Diag I set P0101-P0103 to 0-MIL on First Error and uncheck their SES enable check boxes. Incidently, changes made to the Engine Diag areas do not show up under the change log history. I think they should.

Now, if I upload this. I should be in SD mode right? Did I miss anything? Should I shut off the Air Pump?
    You also need to set the MAF fail frequency to 0. You can leave the airpump on, just remember the wb readings will be skewed while it is running.

Do I need to set something to 1.13? I read that somewhere.
    Not sure on that. Your LS2 tables are different than mine. For LS1/6 we set the OLFA (open loop fueling) to 1.00 either across the board or for normal coolant temps. This way open loop will command stoich and the only other fuel adders should be from the PE table.

Advanced Tuner
    Forgot to mention I did set the MAF Fail Frequency to 0 from 13500.

I don't seem to have that OLFA table. In the Open&Closed section, I have Open Loop Gas(Gear) which is set to all "10's" and I have a Open Loop EQ Ratio Min which goes from -40(1.28) -18 (1.20) 3 (1.09) 25 1.02, then 46-306*F is set to 1.00. Is that the table your talking about? Should I stay out of PE while tuning the VE table? If so, how without causing damage? Should I set the stoich AFR to 13.0 instead of 14.7 maybe? Maybe set PE to 1.13 and set it to enable at 0 rpm with no delay and 0 map? Why do I feel like I'm the only one tuning an LS2 here LOL?

Another question while I'm thinking of it. Why is PE Delay set to 5000 rpm by default. Does that mean when you stomp on it, it won't dump fuel until 5k? Doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by PurplePiss; 05-11-2006 at 03:48 PM.

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.

Tuner
    Why do I feel like I'm the only one tuning an LS2 here LOL?

Another question while I'm thinking of it. Why is PE Delay set to 5000 rpm by default. Does that mean when you stomp on it, it won't dump fuel until 5k? Doesn't make sense.
    I know you're not the only one. I did have to laugh when I read that though!

You can set PE delay rpm to 0 (or 1200 as that's where your PE is enabled). As for the delay itself, all that means is that below 5000rpm, PE will ramp in after a set amount of time. It will still put you into PE mode though.

Advanced Tuner
    So, I should set the PE table to 1.13 so I'm running a safe AFR while figuring out the VE? Or is there somewhere else I should be setting the AFR? Set stoich to 13.0? Maybe the stoich table only gets used in closed loop?

Tuner
    Set the PE table to the values you want to end up with when you are done (ie, if you want 13.0 at 6000rpm, then set it to 1.13). Or you can leave it stock and deal with it after you are done with the VE table. Stock PE tables are safe (rich) to begin with. When tuning with a wb and using the AFR % error histos you don't need to worry about staying out of pe or certain rpms. Just hit as many cells as you can and use the paste, multiply, % function to change the VE table (doesn't matter if you were in PE or not).

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I uploaded the tune attached and started the car. No differance and the commanded afr was still 14.7. When I got on it, it went to 13.0 because that's what the PE is set to across the board. I then tried the DTC settings. I cleared the trims and then clicked on Closed Loop off and still no effect. Do I actually have to unplug the MAF? Closed loop should not turn on until 300+ ECT. What am I doing wrong? Someone please look at the scan. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Update (as if your all just sitting on the edge of your seats)

Pulled the O2 sensor. Recalibrated. Set the voltage to 5v and hptuners was reading 4.868 raw voltage. So, I set the equation to .625 +10.13. They match when the car is off at 20.8. Start the car and it appears to match the 14.5-14.7 that the car is oscillating between. Just have to figure out how to go about getting into OL and setting the AFR to 13 or less so I can tune the VE safely. I attached another scan of it running at idle.

Advanced Tuner
    Pulled the MAF plug. The car still didn't go into OL. Went into the VCM controls and set CL to OFF and it finally started going to the commanded 13.0. Now, what do I do with the data? My trims don't look that far off. -1 LTFT's are good right?

Advanced Tuner
    Tried to drive the car today and it is sending full line pressure to the transmission. I stopped and plugged the MAF back in thinking it needed to see the hz, but it still shifts violently. Didn't matter whether I put the car in OL with the VCM controls or whether it was in CL. The tune above was the one I was using. Ended up loading the stock tune just to make sure the tranny was ok. Seems fine. Is this an LS2 thing or is something set wrong in my vetune?

Advanced Tuner
    Thought maybe it was because I removed the TM. Put it all back in and I am still getting extremely hard shifting. Is it because I turned the SES off for P0101-P0103 and set it to 0 mil on first? Someone please help.

Still confused as to if I should set Stoich table to 13 and PE to 1.0...

Advanced Tuner
    Can anyone help me? I hate to waste all Sat. when its probably something simple. Chris, is this a case where I need the OS modified?

Advanced Tuner
    ttt on Monday mornin'

Tuner
    You may get a quicker response if you start a new thread in the V8 tuning section (may get more views that way).

I too wonder if it is in the OS...Just for fun, you could try zeroing out the high and low freq MAF tables to see if the shifts are still harsh.

Also, do you have a trans line pressure PID to log? I hope you get this figured out soon.

Advanced Tuner
    I'v emailed Chris, support, is anyone going to respond? "I don't know" is ok.