Thread: e38 rpm limit

Potential Tuner

e38 rpm limit

what tables also need to be modified in an e38 to allow it to rev past 6000rpm on the dyno ? i apply 4th gear with the scanner but no matter what i command it will not rev past 6000rpm.

Tuner
    Cutoff RPM vs Gear
    Startup Modifiers

Potential Tuner
    all have set to 7000 rpm, still no luck

Tuner
    Can you post the tune mate, would be interested to have a look.

Yeah, post tune.

Potential Tuner
    ill give a shot, im a newbie on here. plus ill need to work out how to remove tuner lock from it so you can see it

Tuner
    No probs, just click the paperclip looking image, when the window opens click the add files button (Top Right) browse to your file and hit the upload button. Once uploaded drag it from the top to the bottom of the upload window to attach to your post and click the done button.

Not sure about the tuner lock side of things.

The only other thing might be the speed limiter Speedo-->Limiter as you said you are in 4th on dyno.
    Last edited by Codes; 07-06-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Potential Tuner
    possibly, i try and use 1:1 gear ratios wherever possible. ill keep searching, if not ill just turn auto lock off and hopefully you guys can read it when i upload it to here. it will rev to 7000rpm when you manually tap up and tap down so you may be on the money with speed limiter as it is around the 220kph area