Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the 'Marker' function?

Potential Tuner

Where is the 'Marker' function?

I'm fairly new to HP Tuners so maybe I'm missing something here, but didn't there used to be a function to 'mark' a spot while taking a log. It's pretty hard to drive the car & look for the exact spot/time frame where the problem is occurring for later viewing. Is there still this function in 3.2 or can it be added back? In the mean time, I did like someone else mentioned here before & stabbed the throttle 3 times real quick after an event to hopefully find it again, but there has to be a better way.

I checked the Help files but could only find info relating to the older version:

Comments and Markers
    During the scanning process you can use the 'C' and 'M' keys to insert Comments and Markers.
    When the 'M' key is pressed, a marker will automatically be inserted into your scan without any prompt.
    When the 'C' key is pressed, a dialog will pop up prompting you to enter in the comment. The scanner will continue to scan while you enter in your comment.

At the end of your scan session, you can modify the comments and marker descriptions in the Comments and Markers window. This is also where you can give your log file a description and enter in log notes.
    You can also right click the lower table for Insert and Delete functionality or you can use the 'Insert' or 'Delete' keys on your keyboard.
    To modify the comments description, double click the cell for that frame under the Description column.

Hotkeys:

C Insert a comment at the current frame
    M Insert a marker at the current frame

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Didn't make the cut for 3.x

it will likely return in a future version.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I would like to see this feature return as well

Senior Tuner
    Me too. In some form. Not a must have for me, but really helps when trouble shooting a drivability issue.

Potential Tuner
    It would seem to be a pretty useful and time saving function for the end user when troubleshooting a drivability issue as mentioned above. That, coupled with trying to drive & look at a laptop make it a safety issue as well. It simply isn't practical to get someone to go for every test ride to get a log when a simple press of a keystroke can make it easy to mark & find for later viewing.

I realize you guys are busy, but hopefully you will reconsider and reinstate this function sooner, rather than later.

Thanks,

Joe T.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll add to the vote on this as well. I noticed it was missing in the beta days... it was SUPER handy for those of us without dynos and / or tracking drivability issues.

What would also be really cool is if they were assigned #'s that could then be referenced in filters. So you could have the filter be something like [markerPID] > 1 and [markerPID] < 4, or something like that to filter down to only using a certain section of a log.

But just markers added back in any form would be handy to have.

Digging this one back up, but put me down for wanting the marker function back. I'm trying to track down a driveability issue, and this would make it easier to note where I'm having issues over a 30+ minute log.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    Put me down for this feature. Was just looking for it yesterday when i realized it didnt exist anymore

Senior Tuner
    Yes Please please bring this back!
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    So is the marker function going to make it to v3.4?

+1!
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Collectors Edition 6spd T-Top

MS4 cam | AFR 205 heads, BTR .660, Ferrea valves, Morel lifter | Hooker 1 3/4" headers + ORY | Magnaflow catback | FAST 36# injectors | LS6 intake | Eaton 3.73 diff | Bilstein/Eibach suspension | BMR SFCs, LCAs | Wilwood brakes | 17x9 & 17x11 wheels

+2!
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Sonna b.. I knew there was this feature and it was removed hopefully they add the Marker feature back.. it will make diagnosis a bit easier.

Potential Tuner
    So, I'm wondering if this will be added to v 3.6? After 3 or so version updates, surely it could have been figured out by now....please?

Advanced Tuner
    Me too! Having no way to mark something is a real pain!
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Tuner
    Yes, please bump this up on the priority list!
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro

It's on our list.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

I'm going to have to request this one too...

I read the help file and saw that my MVPI has the ability... It flashes the busy light like its supposed to.

I'm trying to street tune my car, but when doing a 30 minute log and there's a small surge/stutter going on that doesn't show up very obvious on the graphs/charts that I've marked with a marker. I am disappointed to find that this has been removed as a feature, as it makes finding these small glitches more difficult. I've had to instead try to mark them by stabbing the gas pedal a certain number of times to make it easier to find.

Tuner
    Keith, have you folks considered having a public feature/bug "request" list such that your users can "upvote" and "downvote" those work items to help you guide your dev priorities?

Of the feature requests I've seen mentioned, there are a few which hint at being "low-effort/high-impact" type tasks which appear as if they're sort of glossed-over - "find in log" and "marking" both come to mind - though that may not actually be the case with them (e.g. they're not actually being glossed-over/ignored).

It would be really fantastic if users could see the backlog and associated sprint/release cycles, but that opens a whole other can (or five) of worms so I get why that isn't likely to happen.
    2007 Z06 (E38 ECM), stock LS7 short block, .030" milled/ported heads, PLX SM-AFR, MPVI Pro