Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is the 'Marker' function?

(C)omments and (M)arkers have been added (back) to VCM Scanner Beta.

While scanning, press C to insert a comment, or M to insert a marker at the current moment in time.

Comments and Markers will show up as vertical lines in the bottom scroll bar.

Currently, the comments you enter cannot be displayed, but will be displayed in some way in the future.

Note that this does result in a new log file format. Older VCM Scanners won't be able to open the newest log files.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    Now I can sleep. Thanks for implementing that. Its a very nice feature.

Advanced Tuner
    Very nice work Keith and team!
    2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (733 whp)
    2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing (716 whp), 10.750 @ 134.77 mph
    2016 Cadillac ATS-Vs (eleven ATS-Vs in the 9s)
    2008 Pontiac G8 (first G8 in the 10s), 10.727 @ 129.87 mph
    2000 Bonneville SSEi (first 3800 Bonneville in the 10s), 10.711 @ 125.71 mph
    1999 Grand Prix GT (first 3800 FWD in the 8s), 8.902 @ 154.90 mph
    1998 Firebird (first 3800 RWD in the 8s), 843 whp, 8.991 @ 152.12 mph
    1998 Grand Prix GTP (first 3800 FWD in the 10s), 9.499 @ 145.13 mph

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    (C)omments and (M)arkers have been added (back) to VCM Scanner Beta.

While scanning, press C to insert a comment, or M to insert a marker at the current moment in time.

Comments and Markers will show up as vertical lines in the bottom scroll bar.

Currently, the comments you enter cannot be displayed, but will be displayed in some way in the future.

Note that this does result in a new log file format. Older VCM Scanners won't be able to open the newest log files.
    Is it possible to add a button for this? I run HP Tuners on a Surface Pro mounted to my dash without a keyboard so it's touch only. It would be awesome to be able to right click or have a button at the top somewhere.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 67RS427 View Post
    Is it possible to add a button for this? I run HP Tuners on a Surface Pro mounted to my dash without a keyboard so it's touch only. It would be awesome to be able to right click or have a button at the top somewhere.
    You can easily get a usb touchpad or something to do it with.

This for instance https://www.amazon.com/Programmable-.../dp/B08SQGWZN4

Tuner in Training
    I know this post is kinda old but I'll ask anyway. Is there any to change the key binding for C and M to other keys? I use a usb number pad while RTT which makes it easy to adjust with + - keys. If I could bind * to the marker that would be nice.

Why limit the ability to mark files to scanning? While logging on a road course, it's not exactly easy to pop over while driving and type a quick comment. Nor is it easy to even press M or C while driving. I would like to review the logs and add markers and or comments after the fact to then share with others.