Thread: Need tuner for Ford Diesel 6.0 and 6.7

Tuner in Training

Need tuner for Ford Diesel 6.0 and 6.7

Hi
    Any recommanded on tuner diesel 6.0 and 6.7,
    thanks

Potential Tuner
    Are you looking for a handheld? Or do you need custom files built?

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I have a new InsightProCTS2 for my 2016 Super Duty 6.7 and am looking for someone who builds custom tune files. The new InsightProCTS2 allows for cloud / remote tuning via the sharing mechanism, where the remote user captures the stock file, uploads it, then the individual performing the tune gets that uploaded file, makes modifications, then uploads it again for the end user to get then load on the InsightProCTS2 to then be loaded on the vehicle.

Anybody know anybody established who is doing 6.7 tunes and is utilizing this functionality yet?

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I think everyone is still learning at this point. 6.0l I'm pretty familiar with but I'm not going to do these type of tunes for anyone except people I know personally if they want them.

Potential Tuner
    Got it. Would a good starting point be comparison between an existing tune from say an SCT and the base configuration? Then maybe try to transfer those over to a tune on this platform?

I think that will be a good way to learn how certain parameters affect the engine's performance. I learned a lot of what I know by comparing the stock files from my 6.4 on MCC with the H&s's race files. I also read a lot of studies oh injection timing on combustion. Also you can learn a lot by datalogging and making small changes and checking the logs to see how those changes affected the way the engine runs.