Thread: Wideband issues. Please help

Tuner in Training

Wideband issues. Please help

I have a Dynojet Wideband 2 that I have used in the past that worked fine. I recently upgraded to the newer version of scanner and for some reason I can't seem to get it to respond. I have tried everything I know to do and I just get a reading of 10.00 AFR no matter what. The sensor is heating up like it is supposed to and when I run the test with the wideband 2 module it is showing that my sensor is in good shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Luke
    Attached Files Attached Files

looks right, chart the wb from the list. Post a log...

Wideband signal (violet wire) goes to MPVI conn pin 1 and WB gnd (white/violet wire) goes to MPVI pin 5

SECTION 6 - DATA ACQUISITION OUTPUTWIRESThe Data Acquisition cable is designed to producea calibrated lambda/AFR output voltage that rangesfrom 0 - 5 volts.Your data acquisition device, or flash tuner device,should have a provision in their software to definethe analog input. Enter the following formulaVolts * 1.6)+10 = AFR.The Data Acquisition cable has two wires as shownin Figure S:• violet wire is the 0 - 5 volt signal• white/violet wire connects to the dataacquisition device ground referenceNote: The white/violet wire is not a ground;however, it needs to be connected to a ground.It is important the data acquisition device hasits own ground to the vehicle.Data acquisition device types are varied. Some maybe grounded by connecting to the vehicle'sdiagnostic port. If no other ground exists, youmust run a ground wire from the data acquisitionsystem to the vehicle chassis ground as shown inFigure S.Refer to the data acquisition documentation formore information.

Is the wide band lambda or AFR?

>Add channel>close channel selector table
    >right click in Channel table the MPVI AD 1
    >click Transform
    >select Lambda or AFR
    >select wb model
    >double click if the predefined equation is correct (check your wb manual for voltage and sensor range) then click ok and accept as sensor; sensor range looks like it is 10 AFR to 18 AFR or 8 AFR so the V/.625+10 is correct)
    >>>if not (or you want to adjust for analog offset errors), single click, click the Fx icon at the top of the wideband table, this will transfer the predefined equation into the User defined section. Modify the equation as required, click ok..accept as a sensor.....
    >Select the WB name parameter in chart from the Wideband table

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 07-08-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for your reply! I have attached the log for you to review. I don't get to choose between Lambda or AFR when setting the parameters.

Your help is much appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

So the setup seems right.....try clearing the WB from you channel and start again by selecting the MPVI AD 1 channel but don't transform yet. Log (can add the MPVI AD 1 parameter to your chart) and verify the voltage level you see in the channel table. Using a Digital volt meter read across pins 1 and 5 of the MPVI connector. try running a wire from MPVI Pin 6 (ground also) to a good ground location like a stud or even the neg battery terminal in case the WB is outputting a differential signal. See if the voltage changes.

If the voltage is moving about, you can also setup a User Defined Math Parameter using the WB mfg provided equation which would be ([parameter for MPVI AD 1]*1.6+10

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mowton; 07-10-2016 at 10:25 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the info! I tried hooking the ground to MVPI #6 and it worked. The display in the channel went right to 14.6.

For some reason it is not showing up in the chart?

Again, thank you very much!!!

Post current log/layout so we can check it out. Ultimately you probably just need to select the right parameter in the chart--probably are using the wrong one or have the min/max setup wrong so it's not showing up (I.e. off the top or bottom of the graph). Hard to say which without having more info
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock