Thread: UAV/DRONE Gauge/Template

Tuner in Training

UAV/DRONE Gauge/Template

Hi
    Just bought the RaceRender APP today, unfortunatly I can't find any Drones template or gauges.
    Use to work with Dashware which have a lot of them. Anyway in importing them in RaceRender?
    Just want to optimize computer time. Interested in Compass tape at the bottom and vertical tape also.

See photo below that is taken from Dasware.

Thanks.
    Bat

DashwareScreen.jpg

At some point in the future, I'm expecting to add a category selection to the template menu, with specific templates for drones / aviation, as well as other activities. In the meantime, it is very possible to create templates like this...

For the most part, the example you attached is just a large track map with several text displays, so you could take an existing track map object and make it much larger (for best results in this case, set it's Resolution option to "Extreme"), and then create the text displays using the "Text Data" display with a plain "Text" display below it for the label.

To add a display, press the "Add" button under the "Display Objects" section, choose the display type, then set the Field to the desired data channel. Once it is created, the properties box will automatically appear when you add these, and will enable you to customize them to your liking. Once you setup one pair of data and label text displays, you can select them in the list and press Duplicate to create copies to use as a starting point for your next display, then only need to change the data Field and the label text.

For the vertical tape display, the "Enhanced Display Objects" section already contains something very much like your example... scroll down and select "Tape Altitude Ft". You can then increase the size to fill the entire height of the frame, if you like. These are based on programming scripts, so they aren't as simple to modify (other than setting colors), but if you want to make this one have a transparent background, here are the specific steps to make that easy: Go to its properties box and click "Open Script Editor", then select the "Background Script" tab, and change the line that says "IsTransparent = true;" into "IsTransparent = false;"

We don't have a ready-made horizontal tape display for the compass, though. It's definitely doable, but a script for it just hasn't been created yet.

Update: I created a horizontal tape display with compass mode (wraps 360 degrees to become 0). We'll include this in a future update to RaceRender, but in the meantime, I've attached it below for users to download...

Tape Compass.rro

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Weston I will have a look at it.

Bat

More updates: RaceRender 3.4.6 was released this evening with two new "Aviation" data layouts, and it includes the redesigned "Enhanced" data layout from 3.4.5, which should also be useful for aviation and drone users.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    More updates: RaceRender 3.4.6 was released this evening with two new "Aviation" data layouts, and it includes the redesigned "Enhanced" data layout from 3.4.5, which should also be useful for aviation and drone users.
    MY 1st post but I'm very new to this but will be using a 4k 360FLY camera in a military jet. Do the speeds go above Mach 1 etc ?

cheers Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Aviation Spotters Online View Post
    MY 1st post but I'm very new to this but will be using a 4k 360FLY camera in a military jet. Do the speeds go above Mach 1 etc ?

cheers Mark
    You can configure RaceRender's speed displays to show virtually any maximum speed you'd like... This is easy to do on the configuration dialog that will appear once you've selected a data layout. For very high speeds, or when using a unit of measure that results in high numbers, you might want to tweak the appearance of any speedometer gauge a bit further to increase the tick mark intervals and reduce clutter, but this is all possible with the software.

I've not tested the 360fly 4K's GPS to such extreme speeds or altitudes, but generally the only limits imposed on GPS devices are when you are exceeding about 1000 knots / 1200 mph and 18,000 m / 59,000 ft ASL, which is a government restriction indented to prevent GPS from being used for ICBM's.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you .I will let you know how I go