Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VE tuning for supercharged camaro ZL1 or MAF only?

Tuner
    When using the HPT VVE editor, Are you supposed to copy/paste to both manifold switches individually? Then click calculate for each one before saving the file? Or does one round of copy/paste/ calculate, change all of them?

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuning Addict
    Individually...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

you have to click calculate before leaving that table or you will lose any changes.

I make all tables the same, then I just apply error to one table, click calculate, then exit the vve editor and go to the SD tables and copy the changed row to the other rows in each applicable table (will be red from your VVE Editor change).

Tuner
    Here's my results from my tune configured for SD. I'm wondering if I should use LTFT only or STFT or my LTFT/STFT math data. Thoughts? Suggestion? TksZL1 M6.Layout.xmlVVE Starter Log.hpl

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

I usually use LTFT+STFT, for whatever that is worth
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I use a wideband but then check with LTFT only to make sure it's -4%

STFT get hit too much by evap and other junk. Using LTFT helps exclude all that, IMO.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    After you make changes to your VVE table you have to create coefficients - otherwise no changes will actually be made in the tune...
    Is there a guide somewhere that shows the steps needed to complete this procedure?

You change the table in vietuvel VE editor and hit calculate coefficients...

Tuner in Training
    And it then populates the coefficient tables automatically? Seems way too easy. What's the catch?

Tuning Addict
    No catch 22
    Just make sure to make the tables the same if you don't have dod.

Quote Originally Posted by Da-Grump View Post
    And it then populates the coefficient tables automatically? Seems way too easy. What's the catch?
    No catch. Just make sure you do it for "manifold switch open" and "manifold switch closed".

Bluecat's tool also changes the MAP/RPM zone boundaries which helps it better match the table you want.. But otherwise the built in VVE editor is nice and easy to use.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Wish we could charge that - lol - Is this an actual sign somewhere?
    More for entertainment, of the shop owner.
    2013 Camaro LSX433 with TFS 245cc cat heads
    AGP 65/65 Twin Turbos into BTR Equalizer intake
    BTR 237/247 .610"/.601" 116+5 (10* overlap) cam
    ID-1700x on AGP Fore Triple w/ Flex Fuel sensor
    Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT box | custom anti-lag

Tuner in Training
    I opened a file to play a little. I changed a few cells in the VVE table and this popped up when I hit calculate. See pic below.
    Is this something to worry about?

VVE edit.jpg

I think that happens when one of the "zones" is too small. Whats that table looks like when you hit show zone numbers?

Not totally sure though. Maybe someone else knows.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    Schpenxel you are correct, the zones need to be wider than i think 2 rows or you will get this error.

This subject came up on the v forum heres the link http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/66-t...ts-issues.html and interestingly enough the bc tool was in my case what caused it. I found that when i went back to stock vve and restarted using only hpt,s built in i didnt come across this issue again.

I think the key is populating enough cells in the vve map, if you only populate a row or two it wont be enough and will throw off the coefficient calculation. I really think that when whoever is out collecting data in maf fail for the vve map they need to spend enough time trying to populate a good chunk of data in the areas they plan to have the dynamic airflow enabled up to rpm wise. I realize you cant get it all on the street, so i had to guess in some areas based off of cells that were around it. Once coefficients are calculated i always went back in and smoothed it out so it didnt look like the sierras from a plane window.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Whats that table looks like when you hit show zone numbers?
    The zone numbers specified in the window don't appear in the table. This is a stock 2011 CTS-V file.

VVE edit 2.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Da-Grump View Post
    The zone numbers specified in the window don't appear in the table. This is a stock 2011 CTS-V file.

VVE edit 2.jpg
    Unless you accepted the coefficient recalculation it wont show you those maps. For the hell of it, try and reapply those exact same changes and save it to a new tune and see what the zones look like. Every time you make changes it remaps the zones.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    For insurance reasons and safety of customers from a DSteck inflicted gunshot wound, nobody is allowed in the shop when we are doing a car. I am incredibly busy, and I'm not going back to the days of "what'd you change, why'd you do that, what's that table do, how come you didn't do that?". Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

You're right in that YGWYPF isn't totally true. Tons of places charge a ton of money for lackluster work. I was more gearing it towards the places charging pennies on the dollar for "the same thing".
    LMAO..... been there done it....its not a place to be bothered......
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Potential Tuner
    I have a 12' ZL1 and I'm having an issue even doing the MAF tune, I have the following disabled (cot, dfco, cfco, dynamic air, o2 sensors) but I'm getting inconsistent EQ actual as I'm coming down on the rpm while coasting and other weird areas. I'm graphing eq error vs maf freq.

I feel like something else is altering the calculated fuel. Can someone post their tune for getting the MAF dialed in, and also one for getting the vve dialed in? (Fail MAF only?)