Thread: Option to Write Entire for TCMs

Option to Write Entire for TCMs

Is there ability to "Write Entire" as an option for TCMs? Can this feature be enabled? The issue I have is the last two FG falcons I that I tried returning the TCM back to factory tune have both given me issues. Gears wont shift correctly and when they do they slip and slam into gear and eventually a transmission error will appear on the cluster. If I put the modified auto tune back in the cars and they are fine again.

Please note these are 2 separate cars which I tuned from standard having similar issues when attempting to write factory calibration. Seems that returning calibration back to stock on TCMs is causing issues. Has anyone else experienced any similar issues?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have only heard they take some kms of normal driving to come good going back to stock tune

Write entire would not accomplish anything in this case, as the operating system is not being modified by anyone. I would agree with turbo_will, you're probably dealing with some adaptation that would not get overwritten during a write entire either way.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe the adaptive learning is the issue, they can up to 1000kms to come good but personally, the ones I've built have come good after 200-300kms of driving depending on where the clearances are at. I've asked HP to have a look for an adaptive memory reset years ago but I don't think it was ever found/looked for.
    All you can do is really baby the transmission. I've heard of people putting half a tune into them for a little while then returning completely to stock, but I'm not convinced that is actually fixing/smoothing out the transition back to stock, or if it just seems like it as it gets more time to learn. If it is a built box and the clearances vary from what the TCM had adapted to prior I imagine the problem could be quite severe.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

The autos are both unopened. I'm not sure driving them for a few hundred km would fix the issue. In one instance the auto shifted so erratically that a transmission error came up on my dash resulting in loss of all gears until the car was restated.

Is there a way to get the adaptive memory reset? Im assuming this would be some sort of cache that could be cleared\reset?

Adaptive memory would this be something that's stored on the PCM or TCM? The reason I ask is when I returned vehicles to stock I wrote entire on PCM when returning it to stock. By writing Entire on PCM with the factory tune wouldn't this reset any adaptive memory?

Considering most of the shops and guys I deal with are now switching to HP it would be a good idea to fix the bug if there is a bug or maybe come up with a solution.

Went out for a drive in both cars and the issue is mainly shifting from 2->3 when I'm not manually shifting. The symptoms are extreme slippage at 5% throttle and then a very hard gear change. I did manage to get it throw up an error on the logger. (P0782 2-3 Shift). 1->2 3->4 and so on are not too bad. When manually shifting everything is fine.

Kinda got me stumped as both cars have the same symptoms. One is a

2009 FPV F6E - ZF6HP26, Ford, 8R29-7J104-AB
    2008 FG XR6 Turbo -ZF6HP26, Ford, 8R29-7J104-AB