Thread: 09 srt8 challenger f1 procharger auto going into limp at wot

Tuner in Training

09 srt8 challenger f1 procharger auto going into limp at wot

Well here is what I'm having trouble with, at wot the afr's are at 11.3 and as it builds boost it drops to 10.8 afr. Here's the other issue I'm running into is at about 4800 rpm it goes into limp mode. this is a new thing, the last time I had this vehicle on my dyno it would pull to 6000 rpm with out issue. It has not been out of my shop, we built a new engine for it so I know the calibration hasn't changed. thanks for looking
    Here's a little about the car:
    1. stock displacement 6.1L new blower pistons 9.5 cr, long tubes, no cats , auto trans

Senior Tuner
    Post the tune.

Are you running more boost this time around versus last time? We have seen 09's have a hardware issue with boost above 14psi or so.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    could be could over 2 bar would do it
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help guys. After reading other threads I think there is some stuff that I should mention. the car was previously tuned with diablosport here and ran great with only 7 psi. then I read it with hp tuners and kept on tuning from there with no issues until we tried to up the boost. We put a smaller cog on the blower drive that should have got us around 18 psi. At 11 psi I had a piston problem, detonation got me so we put blower pistons in it. While the motor was apart I upgraded to hp version 3.2 and made some adjustments to the PE table and timing. I then flashed it into the car before I put it on the dyno. Then the car started going into limp at 4800 rpm and only 4 psi. Here's the tune to look at and see if you guys can pick out what changed?

Senior Tuner
    do you have the first tune when running ok on 7psi? How is the vehicle running otherwise? Such as idling and cruising? Lastly, do you have a log of the cutout when its happening? You call it "limp" mode, are you throwing codes or is the throttle body closing/timing getting pulled?

Senior Tuner
    Def to start need to raise your ENGINE>DIAG>GENERAL>Torque Correlation>Airflow Maximum RPM, with an F1 I am sure you are over 2700 lb/hr at 4800 rpms. I usually max out the airflow (4,056lb/hr) by 3500 rpms.

Tuner in Training
    I do have the tune I will attach it. I corrected the ve tables with wide band on the dyno they were + or - 1% with 91 pump gas. I have not driven it on the street yet so I don't know about the drivability yet. It does idle well, starts and drives around the parking lot good too. To prevent piston issues I have 116 Sunoco nos fuel in it so the ve's are now off a little. No I don't have logs now but will put it back on the dyno tomorrow and log the throttle. I did already adjusted the torque correlation table. Is there a lb/hr that is too high for this table? now with version 3.2 you can make that number anything you want. As far as "limp mode" I'm sure the throttle plate is closing down to an idle (about 1200 rpm). then there is no response from the throttle until you shut the car off and restart. I will pull codes and log tomorrow after I do a pull if it still shuts down.

Senior Tuner
    What throttle body you have on it? Does the red light on the bottom left of the dash flash or stay lit after it happens?

Tuner in Training
    stock throttle body and I'll check on the red light tomorrow too when I get it back in.

Tuner in Training
    Well I got a good tug on the dyno today here's the log of back to back pulls. I didn't have to cycle the ignition between pulls, it came right back up to the same rpm. I tried to log everything I could that would be relevant. no check engine light and no other lights on other than the standard ABS stuff. I did do a throttle relearn to see if that was causing this. Also does anyone know why it wont lean out? It was at 10.3 afr at the end of the pulls. thanks again!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    In the new hp tuner version 3.2 I noticed I have a new parameter called (snub torque limiting vehicle speed threshold) its under transmission>torque management >torque limit. this is a speed threshold. Any thoughts?

Tuner in Training
    Figured it out thanks for all of the help!! the 90 degree silicon elbow right in front of the supercharger was sucking flat. nobody here had the balls to stand right next to it and watch things. Don't blame them. It all makes sense though now. With the air inlet open new its right on the money as far as AFR's and pulls strong to 6500 rpm. Feel a little stupid but its happy!

Advanced Tuner
    Good catch!
    And yeah, it's scary standing close in a full dyno pull!