Thread: Commanded AFR not working.

Commanded AFR not working.

I upgraded from 2.24 to 3.0, I have all my sensors working including my wideband except for my commanded AFR. I cant get it to display in my graph in real time. I assume my Channel is correct because my graph is showing my AFR error % compared to my wideband reading, but I would like to see my commanded AFR for reference in my graph as well. I tried all the commanded AFR options I could find in graph settings, none of them give a reading. Help?

Post layout/log.

If you hit the little gear icon w/green check mark when you're in the parameter selector it will get rid of anything you can't use. That makes it a lot easier to pick the right one.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

# in this one

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Post layout/log.

If you hit the little gear icon w/green check mark when you're in the parameter selector it will get rid of anything you can't use. That makes it a lot easier to pick the right one.
    why isnt this default on, then you can choose to SHOW ALL if you want?
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

If it were up to me that is how it would be.. I click on that box quite a few times every day and really never use parameter selector without it selected

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Thank you for the fix, schpenxel, it is working now.

Since I have your attention, do you also by chance know how to slow down the refresh rate for the wideband AFR reading? It is much faster in this version. It is refreshing very fast and hard to keep track of.

You can't slow it down in the channels list, but in charts/graphs/gauges you can enter a value where it says "Filter ____ ms". That will make it display an average reading over however many miliseconds. I'd try something like 100 or 200. Right click inside one of the windows and go to graph/chart/gauge layout, then find the parameter you're using that you want to slow down.. then mess with the filter time. This only works during live logging and will not work during playback.

Just keep in mind your data is slightly delayed then.. so that can be a downside. I wouldn't use this in graphs, but if you want to use it in charts/gauges it may be easier to see

The reading in channels you can't slow down for external inputs

Thank you again. Been a tremendous help getting used to 3.0!

Potential Tuner
    I have ver 4.xx, and clicking on that gear icon or not makes no difference, the commanded afr channel doesn't come up. However it does show up when selecting channels in the graph.
    What can i do??
    I do see in the channels equilivence commanded i think it's called, is this the same thing?
    Thx