Thread: 355 coyote transient overboost maps

Potential Tuner

355 coyote transient overboost maps

Hi, im having a crack at tuning a gt335 would somebody have a tunefile of a tuned gt that I can use for educational purposes, I am trying to get my head around the transient overboost tables and does the boost dc table control the blower bypass valve?

No, and yes

but explain exactly how you're going about tuning it and how you're exactly having difficulty because just handing you a tuned file will give you no knowledgeable gain if you don't know why you've changed parameters in the first place

See Helpful.....
    Last edited by JETURBO; 07-15-2016 at 07:38 PM.
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Potential Tuner
    I have not started tuning yet I have just taken a read of ecu, correct me if I am wrong but I was thinking of zeroing the transient overboost tables and having it purely run of the desired boost and boost dc tables. I have done about 10 pulls in the dyno in stock form and the boost varies greatly in every run I'm guessing this is the overboost function?

There's a multitude of parameters that work with each other based on a variety of variously changing situations

You need to see what the ECU is doing, why it's doing it and technically work out what you can change/modify or leave as is

You NEED a aftermarket Knock detection system and log the pants off it in stock form before changing anything, this should be blatantly obvious why.

Then you will know what to do and why, if this is the first time tuning the Ford platform I wouldn't pick this car/engine as the test pig because it can and will catch you out and shits expensive
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Ryan, it would be appreciated if you could put your stock tune up onto the tune repository. You just email your stock engine and trans tune to Hp Tuners asking it to be put up on the repository.

Advanced Tuner
    There is a reason it pulls the boost. Heat soak that induces detonation.

Hence as the tune is knock limited it means you absolutely must be able to log knock accurately.