Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cappa flash tune

Advanced Tuner

Cappa flash tune

Does any now if we can flash over a cappa can tune using HPT, or does it have to be flashed back to stock first.

ALWAYS read/flash to a clean strategy base
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    So you have to copy and paste from a stock file, if he can't flash back to stock, other wise you would have to pay for 2 lots of credits?

No buy a strategy direct from ford and base tune it in the car park to get it back to the workshop and know there's no issues with the tune file or roll the dice and read/license the capa tune and pray there's no niggling issues with that as your base file because if there is you will end up wasting those credits once ford have to load in a clean strategy for you to work with and then cost you another licence fee

I never license a tuned file, if they don't have the xcal to reset it to stock I don't bother with working with an unknown base tuned file. I have a good contact at ford that does this for me cheap so it's not worth the risk and i know tuners ( even hobbyists ) that have bought a flash style device to have the ability to get latest updated strategies into the car to licence as it is worth it !!
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons

Advanced Tuner
    I've got a bosch LT flasher as per Jet's mention above. it cost around $600 but has more than paid for itself. I've had numerous cars with tune issues I couldn't sort coming from a non stock base tune which has been solved by returning to stock with a fresh calibration (the unit downloads the latest cal directly from the Motorcraft Service Servers) The 72 hour license is only about $50 depending on the exchange rate. There's also not limits/vin lock on the units so if you could line up 20 cars you could update all 20 in that time.

Re your actuall question - yes you can flash over the Capa tune but it's not ideal. You may run into a checksum error and is you do you'll have to email the file to HPT to sort it out. Given Capa lost the SCT gig some time around the Xcal 2 days I'd move on from what ever file was in there and start fresh. You can always read the file and save it if you want but personally I'd prefer a stock file and tune from there.
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Luke, this seems like an idea. I wouldn't mind downloading a whole pile of tunes, from the latest FGx sprint tunes to the Supercharged V8 tunes to that latest FPV F6 tune. I am particularly interested in the transmission tuning side of it as you can see what are the main tables Ford plays with. I also wouldn't mind confirming my verhicle tune. I guess you would need VIN numbers for them all
    Do they put up the very latest tunes and is this doable

Advanced Tuner
    Tony,
    You can't just download tunes. The unit downloads the applicable file for the car it's connected to at the time and installs it to the PCM. If you could like up all the variants and work through (assuming there was and update for the car) you could theroetically the workthrought reading and saving.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    I've got a bosch LT flasher as per Jet's mention above. it cost around $600 but has more than paid for itself. I've had numerous cars with tune issues I couldn't sort coming from a non stock base tune which has been solved by returning to stock with a fresh calibration (the unit downloads the latest cal directly from the Motorcraft Service Servers) The 72 hour license is only about $50 depending on the exchange rate. There's also not limits/vin lock on the units so if you could line up 20 cars you could update all 20 in that time.

Re your actuall question - yes you can flash over the Capa tune but it's not ideal. You may run into a checksum error and is you do you'll have to email the file to HPT to sort it out. Given Capa lost the SCT gig some time around the Xcal 2 days I'd move on from what ever file was in there and start fresh. You can always read the file and save it if you want but personally I'd prefer a stock file and tune from there.

Where does one purchase a Bosch LT Flasher?

http://www.boschdiagnostics.com/pro/...ts/ford-vcm-ii

I know Peppy has this and he's a happy camper about it but does need an annual fee/license

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the help guy's, yeah im getting the checksum error. Will probably just get ford to flash back to stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Where does one purchase a Bosch LT Flasher?
    I got mine from here-
    http://www.etoolpros.com/automotive-...00E900076.html

Quote Originally Posted by JETURBO View Post
    http://www.boschdiagnostics.com/pro/...ts/ford-vcm-ii

I know Peppy has this and he's a happy camper about it but does need an annual fee/license

Thanks!!!

Tuner
    As far as I'm aware the LT flasher was discontinued, so I bought the VCM-2, awesome tool, you can do anything a ford dealership can do, but there's no training or How-to manuals so I'm still working stuff out, I use it to update or install stock tunes on all cars before I tune now.. Pm me if you need more info

Tuner in Training
    Drew Technologies sells the mongoose cable which is basically the same as the bosch LT. They make most of th epass thru devices out there
    ASE Advanced Level Master certified Tech with 20+ yrs

Tuner
    Wish I knew about that a year ago.. So it still uses IDS software, wonder if you can purchase the 72hr license

Advanced Tuner
    Someone who has one should download the popular base tune and save as a .hpt file. Might take a few hours but would be massively appreciated I'm sure. I'm sure people here could chip in for the cost as well.

Has anyone here tried the Mongoose, it would be a very handy bit of kit, but would like to know if definitely works as advertised before parting with hard earned!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rolls View Post
    Someone who has one should download the popular base tune and save as a .hpt file. Might take a few hours but would be massively appreciated I'm sure. I'm sure people here could chip in for the cost as well.
    You cannot do this. You can only download the tune for the vehicle you are connectted to at the particular time.

Mongoose/Bosch LT = same/same

Advanced Tuner
    What if you use HPT to flash a different strategy in, then use the tool?

I guess they have to be licensed files or you have a workshop license for that to work though as you aren't going to go license 20 files just for lols
    Last edited by rolls; 07-20-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Mongoose/Bosch LT = same/same[/QUOTE]

Cheers Luke