Thread: If a vehicle/file is licensed, can I modify remotely and save?

Advanced Tuner

If a vehicle/file is licensed, can I modify remotely and save?

the pro interface is with the vehicle in question, and I am currently far away.

we haven`t licensed anything as of yet. If we do license the vehicle/file, can it be sent to me and can I mod and save it.?

thanks in advance
    2003 MY Z06 3.3 liter whipple ...sold at around 1000 rwhp
    wip 2015 Silverado w/2.9 Whipple (phase 1 completed) phase 2 in the works

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, you cannot modify a file YOU do not have a license for.

Some people have suggested getting teamviewer to remotely control your customers pc though...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post

Some people have suggested getting teamviewer to remotely control your customers pc though...
    let me put it another way....

If I have a licensed file, can I make changes and save it without having the interface connected

thx

Tuner
    Yes if you already licensed the file on your laptop with your interface plugged previously you can make changes and save it without having your hpt interface plugged in.

If you haven't plugged the MPVI into the 2nd computer you open it on, it might ask you to license it I think.

I know when I installed HPT onto my tower computer I had to plug my MPVI into it to let me get at my files.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post

have the license for vehicle/file, just want to edit and save on my other computer, without having to drag the interface out of vehicle

any thoughts?

thx

If I read the responses right, if the file is licensed, yes you can edit it on another computer, you may need to plug in the interface to get it up and running though. I am in a similar boat, I want to get the editor working on my work laptop to edit when I have down time at a job site.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by steve05ram360 View Post
    If I read the responses right, if the file is licensed, yes you can edit it on another computer, you may need to plug in the interface to get it up and running though. I am in a similar boat, I want to get the editor working on my work laptop to edit when I have down time at a job site.
    support said the same thing. plug your interface into your work laptop and get the infolog....that laptop should then be synced and then you can play offline

unfortunately for me, at the moment, I am 1500 miles away from the interface. was hoping to play a bit until next week, but....

found and lost a thread about copying config files from synced to non- synced computer...anyone??

ok, here's a link, but need to connect at least once

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...iple-computers
    Last edited by rjw; 07-21-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve05ram360 View Post
    Yes.

If you can connect the interface to the 2nd computer, get an info log to sync licenses, THEN you can open/edit/save the tune on a second computer.

I do this all the time to work on tunes on my desktop then flash/log on my laptop.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock