Thread: Replacing my B&M Shift Kit with HPTuners

Tuner in Training

Replacing my B&M Shift Kit with HPTuners

Hey,

I have an 2005 automatic pontiac sunfire. I have a B&M Shift Kit that I am uninstalling because HPTuners can control shift points and pressures...

I up'ed the shift rpm to 6500 and now it seems as if it is conflicting with a another table. There is another table that says to shift at a certain MPH... I am not sure if that is exactly what is happening...

Do I have to change both tables?

I.E. Raise the MPH shift point to 40MPH (The new MPH reached when shifting from 1st to 2nd at 6500RPM instead of 6000RPM)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    there are two markers mph & rpm once both are met the computer will attempt its shift.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I will test to see if it is doing this later when i get home from work... but i am not sure, it feels like a huge down time...

Tuner in Training
    Ok.. I went for a ride last night and i have concluded that there is definitely something wrong.. With the B&M kit all I have to do is put the switch on the hardest setting and it shifts awesome...

I wanted to know what other field I need to switch to have a similar affect... as you can see in the image below, the only changes i have made are to the "WOT Shift RPM vs. Shift" Where i raised it to 6500, and "Base Shift Pressure vs. Torque vs. Gear" All I did was select all of the cells and added 20 to each cell :-D I am not sure if thats a good idea but its what seemed logical to me . . . .

I am new to this, so any help is good help! Thanks guys

PS. I didnt change the "Desired Shift Time vs. Torque" or "WOT Shift Speed vs. Shift", but they are included in the pic because i think they have something to do with what is missing to make what i am trying to do work....

Tuner in Training
    i found the problem . . . apparently there is another rpm fuel cut off parameter in the engine section i didnt even notice it.... well, now my car shifts awesome... hope this helps someone