Thread: Predictive Lap Timer UI

Tuner in Training

Predictive Lap Timer UI

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the great product. TrackAddict is easy to use and works very well with all my peripherals every time.

I use TrackAddict primarily for lap timing and controlling my GoPro. My one wish is for the predictive lap timing feature to be easier to see/read at a glance. Would it be possibly to implement a bargraph across the top of the screen to show how far you're ahead or behind? Or even the option to display the ahead/behind delta as currently calculated, but in the larger main display and have the actual lap time smaller?

Lastly, I use an iPhone 6 Plus. How much more accurate would it be if I used an external GPS receiver with the phone?

Thanks again,
    Dan

Good news! That predictive display is getting some enhancements in the very next app update (version 3.3.7)... There was definitely room for some improvement there, and that had been nagging at me too. It will be relocated to a less cluttered area of the screen, and a graph will be displayed with it. I expect to have this release finished and submitted to Apple on Friday, and then it typically takes about a week for them to approve it and make it available to users...

Yes, an external GPS can really make a big improvement in accuracy and precision of your lap times, driving lines, and speed-based statistics. It's also usually easier for them to get a good GPS signal than it is for a smartphone, which is very helpful when mounted inside a vehicle, at tracks with tall obstructions, when driving in certain weather conditions, etc. The best supported devices on iOS are the XGPS160 and XGPS150 from Dual Electronics.

Tuner in Training
    That is good news! Thanks a lot.

You're welcome! We released v3.3.7 with this enhancement for Android on Friday, and the iOS version has been pending Apple's usual review, so hopefully they'll have it available to users by next weekend...

Update: Apple was quick this time! You should see v3.3.7 available on iOS later today...
    Last edited by Weston@HPTuners; 07-25-2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Updated