Thread: A580 closing the throttle a little on 2-3 shift.

A580 closing the throttle a little on 2-3 shift.

I've messed with this 2010 SRT8 for 2 and a half hours and can't figure it out. I've raised the rev limit 250rpm over my shift points, I even matched the 80-100% TPS areas of the normal shift rpm to match my WOT shift rpm and it's still acting up. I did adjust the max engine rpm, rpm in drive, & TCM rpm limits. Running out of ideas.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Senior Tuner
    Looks like a TQ Management event. Look at the Trans ETC torque settings. Without a file, its hard to say what you have and haven't done. You may also try to log some torque source type of flags to see if it tells you what the event is or what is commanding the ETC in that moment.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Looks like a TQ Management event. Look at the Trans ETC torque settings. Without a file, its hard to say what you have and haven't done. You may also try to log some torque source type of flags to see if it tells you what the event is or what is commanding the ETC in that moment.
    Sorry about not posting the file, here it is. I've been over it a few times and can't find any TQ reduction that would be the problem although I agree with you that it is what's causing the issue.SRT8 JEEP.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I have the same thing occurring on a customer car, but only on the 2-3 shift. I haven't spent much time on it yet, but will be in the coming week

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER View Post
    Sorry about not posting the file, here it is. I've been over it a few times and can't find any TQ reduction that would be the problem although I agree with you that it is what's causing the issue.SRT8 JEEP.hpt
    You might try moving your limiter a little higher. The event happens at 6560 rpm, according to the chart, and that is really close to your rev limiter. Assuming the scanner is catching it fast enough. You could be tipping into the limiter slightly. Also, you can try to play with the Trans shift torque adapts to see if it has any effect.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    You might try moving your limiter a little higher. The event happens at 6560 rpm, according to the chart, and that is really close to your rev limiter. Assuming the scanner is catching it fast enough. You could be tipping into the limiter slightly. Also, you can try to play with the Trans shift torque adapts to see if it has any effect.
    Thanks, I'll try that. That shift I have 6300 commanded but it's almost happening at 6500. Is there a way to shorten the 2-3 shift time or will disabling the adapts for that gear accomplish that?

Advanced Tuner
    I would try setting your TCM RPM Limit slighty lower than your Engine RPM Limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    I would try setting your TCM RPM Limit slighty lower than your Engine RPM Limit.
    Thanks Mark, I get it back today, lowering the shift point will be the first thing I try. I'll post up the fix, hopefully that works.

Ok results are in, I set the shift points lower and disabled all adaptives and no changes at all. Enabled the torque management on the transmission side and it shifted on time, snappy, and short.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER View Post
    Ok results are in, I set the shift points lower and disabled all adaptives and no changes at all. Enabled the torque management on the transmission side and it shifted on time, snappy, and short.
    I have similar settings with the TM enabled on the trans side. I have my engine rpm limit at 6600 and my tcm limit to 6350 with shifts targeting 6250 and I still see the throttle body spike down at the shift.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

I just install a blower and this is also happening to me where u having the problem in drive but not in manual shift

Tuner in Training
    Where should you command shifts if you want 6k? 5800?? What would the tcm limit be? Engine limit??