Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mustang ecoboost definition uipdate?

Potential Tuner

Mustang ecoboost definition update?

Any schedule to update definition for Mustang 2.3 ecoboost?
    Last edited by soondin; 08-10-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soondin View Post
    Any schedule to update definition for Mustang 2.3 ecoboost?
    Yes. That update is already in progress.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    What will be included with this update? I'm interested in using HP Tuners to tune my 2.3 ecoboost but want to make sure that all of the tables/parameters are unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ypena02 View Post
    What will be included with this update? I'm interested in using HP Tuners to tune my 2.3 ecoboost but want to make sure that all of the tables/parameters are unlocked.
    Not tuning software you get will give you ALL the parameters, there are just too many and the majority of which you would never edit.

Is there anything specific you are after?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Not tuning software you get will give you ALL the parameters, there are just too many and the majority of which you would never edit.

Is there anything specific you are after?
    I just want to make sure the HP Tuners software can be used to make the same adjustments that other tools such as the Cobb AP can.

Quote Originally Posted by ypena02 View Post
    I just want to make sure the HP Tuners software can be used to make the same adjustments that other tools such as the Cobb AP can.
    It will.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    When will the update be released?

Potential Tuner
    Any news about update?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone know what TQ Red Throttle angle source is?

And mine toggles between Insufficient fuel and Ex temp for driver demand limit source. The AFR is fine, im thinking the demanded Fuel PSI is higher than actual maybe I should lower the demanded a bit? The EX Temp stuff I have maxed.

There's a limiter for your throttle plate. Did you change Torque Inverse Clip and Exhaust Flange Inverse? I'd also set WOT Lambda to something like 0.79 up to 0.85
    I had fueling issues with lambda set to stock or 0.76, the EcoBoost is a GTDI engine and they can make power running leaner (up to about 0.85).

Did you check out the guide I posted here? It's for the SHO but the same core principles should apply assuming HPT has unlocked the necessary tables for the Mustang EcoBoost.

there seems to be many maps what close the throttle blade. most the driver demand and the tourque tables.

I never had to touch the torque tables and driver demand is overhyped. You need to change the torque limiters and torque rate limiters as well as the clip Inverse torque and exhaust flange Inverse tables.

Tuner in Training
    I have no issue with getting WOT or maintaining it. And I run 11.7AFR think its .840 would have to look to be accurate. Just don't like seeing ex temp, insufficient fuel flow, would like to get them to go away.

And what TQ red means for throttle angle source.

All is quite well, only big problem is boost cutting back (Turbo FMEM) towards the end of the 1/4. Typically right after shifting into 4th. Yes I tried everything for the most part. Im sure the new Mustang update will help.

@metroplex I read your EB tuning guide. but there seems to missing a lot of maps in the Mustang EB. most in airflow and torque managment.
    I hope Eric will add them very soon.
    I confirm the most of your guide and I'm be able to raise the 2.3 EB to good results in power and torque... but the bigest problem is the throttle angle. it close above 5000rpm significant.
    I hope that very soon HP tuners support all tables and scallers to get a good tune in that car.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    @metroplex I read your EB tuning guide. but there seems to missing a lot of maps in the Mustang EB. most in airflow and torque managment.
    I hope Eric will add them very soon.
    I confirm the most of your guide and I'm be able to raise the 2.3 EB to good results in power and torque... but the bigest problem is the throttle angle. it close above 5000rpm significant.
    I hope that very soon HP tuners support all tables and scallers to get a good tune in that car.
    I got WOT all the time, cuts it a bit on shifts but I have that about gone also.

My 2016 auto ran 13.59@102 showroom stock, then a intercooler and tune E30 12.34@110 stock tires, now I have tires and took the cat off, best so far is 12.08@112 and theres much more left in it.

If you're maintaining boost during the shifts where the throttle closes a bit, don't worry too much about it. The ECU will do its thing to maintain boost at the MAP. The TIP boost may spike a bit when the plate closes during the shift, but we're more interested in the actual boost at the manifold.

Tuner in Training
    Agree, only road block I still have is desired TIP and actual will be 40-41 until you shift into 3rd or 4th and it loads and boost spikes to 25. Then in a sec or so desired TIP goes to 26 and WGDC to .100 and game over till you cycle the ignition. and start the process all over again. I hold 3rd a bit longer now to 6300 and shift and your in 4th for just alittle bit and can make the 1/4. Also if I try to raise the boost in the canister and wgdc tables it will be higher but cuts the boost right away. All limits and settings seem to be right, and I tried about everything. Either im missing something, or something isn't available yet in the tuner.

Ultimately I want 25 psi all the time, not just the spike it drops to 21 at 5900 where I shift. That's why I say theres much more in it. 11's are very soon.

Set your max desired pressure scalar to something like 39.4 psi or 40 psi to get the desired 25 psi. Also make sure your Pressure Ratio table values are increased - I never found a direct correlation with boost like I did with the GM calibrations, I ended up having to run high values (above 3:1). I never had to touch the WGDC or canister tables, or the torque tables. Driver Demand seems to just need to be increased, I could never find an exact relationship with what was entered and the actual boost or desired torque. Just to be safe, I added about 100-150 ft-lb on the WOT row (highest TP row) and called it a day.

Don't look just at Desired TIP for actual boost. Desired TIP could spike to 25-30 psi, but your MAP boost could still be at stock levels. I'd recommend looking at Manifold Absolute Pressure and creating a Math Parameter that subtracts barometric pressure from MAP, then log that along with your Desired and Actual TIP.

I saw someone's datalog where they kept the throttle plates open throughout a WOT run, but the TIP boost still spiked up. That's why I was saying not worry about the plate closing, because either way the ECU will do something to help maintain your desired torque/boost.

I think the issue might be parameters that haven't been unlocked. I made my EcoBoost tuning guide as spartan as possible so it covers the essentials needed to increase and maintain boost. There may be a few parameters that are unnecessary, but I'm not that involved with the EcoBoost ECU to weed those out. If stuff is missing, be sure to submit them to Eric at HPT or someone at HPT so they are aware.

Tuner in Training
    When is the update being released?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    special OS upgrade to create traditional WGDC maps
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161