Thread: Stock tune for Manual FG XR6 N/A?

Tuner

Stock tune for Manual FG XR6 N/A?

Does anyone have a copy of a stock tune to suit a manual FG XR6 Na that I can use for comparison to a 6 speed auto equivalent?
    Something around a 2010 model if possible, or if someone has a good stand-alone tune to suit an engine conversion with manual trans.
    I'm new at this and have a few issues to work out, so any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Hey Bud, there's a few tunes in the repository, not 2010 but should be close, aren't you able to suck the tune out of your PCM and change to manual?

Tuner
    Nah there is no manual FG XR6 in the repository, they are all auto or turbo. I have changed mine to manual, but I'm interested to see what other differences are in the tune, such as accel pedal settings etc.

Doubt throttle settings would be any different, but maybe Luke or Jetters would have a better thought on that one, and auto/manual is just a change in the trans/general section

Advanced Tuner
    this is a 2009 file
    vin 6fpaaajgcm9e83679, can check on etis.ford.com to verify
    https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

fg_non_turbo_andrewjr - HAEDJU7.hpt

Tuner
    Cheers. My throttle feels a bit unresponsive at light pedal input.
    I thought I'd compare it to a manual tune file.
    I'm not quite sure how to adjust the sensitivity of the pedal and what values to input.

Advanced Tuner
    its the pedal settings, some fg just have a real lazy first 1/4 kinda thing, is fuckin shitful. i can check a coupel of other tunes if that one isn't different

Tuner
    I've copied some of the values from the manual tune into my tune, so I'll give it a run tomorrow and see how it goes.
    Is that manual tune to suit a Falcon, or an engine conversion setup?

Advanced Tuner
    thats 100% standard

Tuner
    I noticed in the tune there is a setting for OSS. Would this be a more suitable PCM to use with a stand alone conversion and vehicle speed input? I'm guessing the PCM probably uses all 3 connectors like the 5 speed auto.
    On a side topic, can you flash an FG 5 speed auto PCM with a manual tune? Would it also be possible the flash an FG manual or 5 speed tune onto another 3 plug PCM, such as a BA/BF LPG PCM?

Advanced Tuner
    oss is for the 5 spd pcm, if you want to use an fg 5spd pcm you need to leave the auto enabled, with manual enabled they stall after 2 seconds. no idea why and no one can tell me.
    and nah, you can flash an fg tune onto a bf pcm but its different hardware and different strategies so basically doesnt work.
    the 5 speed pcm with auto enabled and the rev limits raised also doesnt go into limp mode even without a vss which is a bonus. i haven't had a chance to test the same settings on a zf6 pcm yet.
    the sd settings aren't standard fg in this tune, they're a quick edit of some bf settings to suit a ba/bf inlet just to get the car running.

Tuner
    So despite OSS option showing up in the manual tune settings, you are saying its not applicable to manuals right?
    My ZF pcm shows no speed input settings at all, so I guess that pcm can be ruled out as being any use.
    Are the manual pcm's a CAN only signal for speed input too?

Tuner
    Just another thought. If the 5 speed pcm works without a speed input, could a 5 speed strategy be flashed onto the ZF pcm which only uses the 2 harness connectors?

Advanced Tuner
    all other pcm in the fg are can for speed, the speed source is there in the strategy for the zf6 its just not coded in hptuners, but it makes not much difference unless you're planning to fit an abs module.
    and the 5 spd strategy will work on other fg pcm but some strange stuff can happen when doing that. i'd try the settings on the correct strategy first, it might be as simple as the fact that auto is left enabled with the other couple settings i changed.
    i've asked for help as to why the pcm goes in to limp mode with no speed source but just keep getting told to make changes and data log to learn why, which is why you will get told for a lot of questions unfortunately.

Tuner
    I'll give it a try with auto enabled and see what it does.
    At the moment I'm more interested to know why the fans run constantly, and why its stuck in open loop. I noticed the o2 sensor heater flicks on and off sometimes. Do changes to the exhaust have much affect on an n/a setup?

Advanced Tuner
    no idea bout the open loop but the fans is cause of the vss fault, something to do with the fan vs speed

Tuner
    I've looked into the open loop a bit more after I noticed I have code P1000 which is the KAM system readiness test. I would say it's staying open loop because it keeps failing the test as it also requires a speed input, as well as a fuel level input.
    Do the 5 speeds also suffer the same fan issue once you switch to OSS?
    I tried my pcm with it switched to auto but is doesn't rev over 1400rpm. I may have to find more settings on that one.

Advanced Tuner
    you need to raise the rev limits for the auto settings, under engine -> fuel -> cutoff/dfco tab
    and any of the pcm in bf or fg will do the fan thing with no speed source.

Tuner
    Ah I see. I'll give those settings a try