Thread: E38 Timing Limit?

E38 Timing Limit?

I have a 2009 G8 here that wont seem to go past 50* advance even though up to 64* are commanded at various points in the main spark table. In the log it acts like it is hitting some kind of limit because the minute timing goes past 50 in the cruise areas of the map it caps off at 50 and only moves off if it decreases. I checked my scanner settings and the min max are ok. I see the min spark and other spark limit tables but none that are for max timing like the older gen 3 pcm's. Anyone run into this before? I have a log and tune file I can post if needed. Thanks in advance!
    Squirrel stuff

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    which OS are you running, should be ok last time i checked a G8 E38
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

The os is 12624402. Here is a copy of the tune file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Squirrel stuff

Advanced Tuner
    why are you even running that much timing in the first place?

unless your performing a hook test, never seen such timing being used.

there is a MAX TORQUE TIMING vs. RPM vs. Cyl air table

there is where your combustion limit is

That's a stock tune file I posted and the timing that's above 50* is in the cruise areas of the map. I tried adjusting the max tq table to see if that was limiting it but that wasn't the issue.

I'm not some idiot trying to run over 50* at wot.. Just trying to get more efficiency out of this car while on the highway. It has a decent sized cam in it that has made the lower rpm inefficient so I'm just trying to correct it. Going through and tuning the cruise areas of the main spark table to be within 3-5* of seeing kr has always worked very well for getting efficiency and mpg back but this car isn't allowing me to. Thanks

Senior Tuner
    have u adjusted EOIT yet that can make a decent difference to cruise if u have a cam, im on e85 and cruise timing around 40-42 deg ( much more didnt improve economy) and i played with EOIT and have fuel usage down to 10-11 Lp/100 on highway my cam has 57 deg overlap, my stock engine was around 10 Lp/100 on petrol