Thread: Can't connect to truck

Tuner in Training

Unhappy Can't connect to truck

Just wrote my first tune for my 03, didn't make any major changes just some mild ones. Went to write file and everything went well until it finished. I walked back to the truck and the computer screen had fallen asleep so I clicked it. Mouse was on the "write" button and it started to write the same tune over the original. A minute into it I got a connection time out and now the truck will not connect. Can't even connect the scanner, I'm getting "controller Unlocked:timed out" any ideas? Tried to start the truck, turn over but no fuel, gauges don't work and I have a mess of codes. Any ideas? Thanks

Tuner
    Try writing back to stock then adding your tune back but make sure to have the truck on a charger if it gets to low as its resetting stuff the truck will die and it will fail i had this issue with my fass system it would kill my truck every time it reset i had to add a kill switch for the power in cab so I didn't have to pull the fuse to change a tune
    2005 Dodge 2500
    80% over injectors, 5" turbo back exhaust, HP Tuners, ARP head studs.
    Intake, Tater Built Turbo 67/67, Fleece 750 Powerflow CP3.
    2.5" front lvl kit, 35's on Soto 20x10s

Tuner in Training
    I'll try that! I checked fuses, disconnected batteries, tried to connect my smarty. Nothing. It won't connect to anything. Gauges don't work thing lights up like a Christmas tree. Thinking I fried my ecm. But I'll try that.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wwentzler View Post
    I'll try that! I checked fuses, disconnected batteries, tried to connect my smarty. Nothing. It won't connect to anything. Gauges don't work thing lights up like a Christmas tree. Thinking I fried my ecm. But I'll try that.
    You can always contact support they are quick to respond as well and are very helpful!
    2005 Dodge 2500

Tuner in Training
    That ended up being the problem! Thanks. Ran my first tune tonight and I'm pretty happy. Need to make a few adjustments and go again.

Tuner
    Congrats, glad I could hep. I have been working on mine for about 8 months now. I love this program but so much within it its going to take me some time to figure it all out but so far so good.
    2005 Dodge 2500