Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: intermitent idle surge sometimes stall nee help

Tuner in Training
    Honestly at this Point I've had the tune changed so many times and it seems to make no difference I'm starting to wonder if it is something mechanical it's totally intermittent I can drive it for 10 minutes and not have it do it at all then I'll put it in reverse give it a little time and it will idle up and down up and down pulsing me backwards wanting to die unless I hit the brake or give it gas so far I've changed the plugs checked the brand new MSD wires and tried my best to take some carb cleaner and spray it around the supercharger and vacuum lines with no change in idle and all my grounds and electrical seem to be fine

Advanced Tuner
    I fixed the surging. The video you just sent is a different issue. Looks like it's dying when you let off the throttle. Just made a quick change and sent that to you.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    I fixed the surging. The video you just sent is a different issue. Looks like it's dying when you let off the throttle. Just made a quick change and sent that to you.
    umm no it does the exact same thing not fixed whatsoever
    I appreciate that but as of right now I'm looking into it possibly not being the tune I know I am in the tuning section so I don't know if I should move to a different category or you guys might be able to help me... so if I'm going through an intersection and I tap the gas hard but have to slow down on the other side it will possibly die or sometimes I'll be at the end of a court full cocked making a U-turn and then when I get to a low speed the idle will surge up and down until I either push the brake really hard give it gas or it stalls out same thing if I'm pulling up to a gas pump or need to throw it in reverse sometimes it will surge when I change the gears and either bounce around until I hit the gas brake or stall keep in mind sometimes it doesn't sometimes it does not and I have not noticed any type of pattern I don't know if it could be electrical or vacuum or what this truck never did it until I put the 6.0 with a cam in it so I naturally assumed it was the tune do two different motor and cam but may not be or could be