Thread: 4L80e Segment swap issue

4L80e Segment swap issue

Truck is a 2004 Silverado with a 5.3. I rewired the truck for the segment swap like the 4l80 and added the wiring for the input speed sensor. I moved the brown tcc pwm wire to the S terminal for the tcc and appropriated the white and tn bk wires to pin 23 and 24 of the green connector for the iss. At first when I flashed in the new file with updated segment the truck was in limp and set a shift solenoid B code p0756. I performed a write entire and the segment swap appeared to take and the transmission shifted properly from then on out while I tuned the truck the rest of the day. Now today the truck is back in limp and will not shift like it no longer has the segment swap in it. It is also setting the p0756 DTC again. I logged the iss values and they were correct and confirmed the truck was in limp mode. I attempted to use the trans controls in the scanner and logged the solenoid status and found the controls to be backwards. After some research I have found that the 2-3 solenoid control is reversed from the 60 to 80 which leads me to believe that for some reason the trans controls have reverted back? It sounds stupid to say.. I will attach the original, the donor file, and the one I was using. This is the first segment swap I have done so maybe I have done something wrong? I noticed after performing the swap and saving the new file the editor would close and I would have to re open it and then open the file to begin the flash? Hopefully someone can tell me what I was doing wrong. Thanks in advance!
    Squirrel stuff

Potential Tuner
    Hello i was reading your post and i as well am having that same issue i have an 01 silverado did the rewiring and the segment swap and like you and i try to run the truck around the block to see if it shift but its like in limp mode or something its stuck like on 3rd gear and it wont shift down or up if anyone can help that be great and hope they can help Thopher455 too

Thanks in advancd

Did you ever figure what your issue was.