Thread: Custom Tune using GM MAF and MAP

Cool Custom Tune using GM MAF and MAP

I am in the middle of a 4.3L V6 build for twin centrifugal SC setup. I will be using a MAF/MAP setup. I'm interested in keeping the computer side of things as close to stock configuration as possible; using stock/oem parts.
    I have the credit purchase with for my 2003 Chevy S10 ECM, and have programmed it in the past. However, with this new build it is too far from stock. I have contacted a local tuner who is an HPTuners licensed dealer with a dyno.

Here are my questions:

1) The tuner stated that he could request a custom OS from HPTuners to handle a 2 bar MAP, and still have the MAF input available. Could HPTuners do this? And if so, what is the typical cost (ball park estimate is close enough)?
    (The MAP tables just need to be adjusted to acknowledge positive pressure through half of the voltage range.)

2) I would like to use readily available GM parts for this project. Would the following two devices work with my computer if reprogrammed with the proper data associated to them?
    a) MAF - Delphi AF 10056 (Corvette); or Delphi AF 10057 (Suburban)
    b) MAP - Delphi 16235939 (Camaro); 2 Bar

Please Note: I'm not interested in a speed density only system due to the different elevations and environments I will be driving in. Accuracy of air metering is important due to other aspects of the project.

Thank you for your input.

Senior Tuner
    Speed Density is MAP driven. Thus the elevation changes (and any other conditions that affect air pressures) are calculated correctly.

Bump- just checking to see if anyone can answer the two questions I posted above. If you know the answer to one, that would be helpful. Thanks.