Thread: PE Throttle/Pedal question 3800 Series II

PE Throttle/Pedal question 3800 Series II

OK, so I'm trying to understand some of the parameters in the HP Tuners software and the PE Throttle/Pedal parameter has me stumped. For reference, my car is a 2000 Grand Prix GT L36 although all of the 3800 pcms I've seen have the same tables for PE. I understand what it actually does, but I don't understand the description in the software as it relates to the table provided. Here is the description in VCM Editor :

"[ECM] 12420 - Hot Power Enrich Enable TPS Threshold vs. RPM: These tables define the minimum TPS vs. RPM that the VCM requires to enter WOT and is required to enable PE mode. There are two tables labeled Hot and Cold that allows different thresholds depending on whether the coolant temperature has exceeded the Hot Select temperature (see below). If the coolant temperature exceeds the Hot Select temperature then the Hot table is used, otherwise the Cold table is used."

What confuses me is that in the 3800 pcm there is only a Hot table and no Cold table or Hot Select Temperature table either. So, my question is when does the pcm use the Hot table ? Is it simply used all the time on these pcms as they're rather simple or are the other tables present but not editable in the VCM Editor ? I'd like to change when PE is enabled, but I'm not sure how to in this pcm. I also have a 1999 Sierra 1500 4.8 and the Cold and Hot Select temperature tables are present for it.

Thanks in advance.

3800 computers only have a HOT table that controls everything, there is no cold table on those computers.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

That was my question, the HOT table actually controls PE all the time then ?
    2006 Grand Prix GT 3800 L32 SC - Stock

Yes, that should be the only one.

The delay vs tps table is normally zero'd out already.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes, I believe it is. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

Oh, and how does the Enable Cylair table affect operation ? Is it a threshold that must be met even if the tps threshold has been met ?